Camping (why I love but hate it!)

Each year me and family go camping sometimes with another family (i'll get to that later). For me its always really hard I mean I love going away and stuff but I always get lonely now matter how hard I try to make friends most people just ignore me!

Last year we (the other family couldn't come) went to cheynes beach(pronouced chains beach) and they had a beach mission so I though yay finally I will have some friends to do stuff with! Well it didn't turn out the first day went ok but the 2nd day turned out horribly, the other kids were ignoring me! So I somehow managed to convince my self to go on the wednesday which was the worst day they just all ignored me and by the end of it I just went to the camp site and cried. The thing which was the worst was on that tuesday night I was hanging around with them and you could tell that they were trying to be nice to me and wanting me to go away! On the thursday I refused to go and stayed back up at the campsite by then I had told my parents and they were disapointed in the other kids so they didn't force me to go on the day trip which the leaders of the group had planned. I read 2 books that day and just did quiet relaxing things like go down to the shop ect. That night while I was brushing my teeth a girl in the group came up and asked why I hadn't been there so I lied saying that I had stuff to do. I proboly should've told her the truth then and things could've worked out but I didn't. On the friday I packed up my tent seeing as on saturday we would be in rush - we had to leave the campsite by 10.00am and read the final book I had.

My parents told me that I could bring a friend to this camping trip so I would have some one to hang and I wouldn't be so lonely I agreed and tried to think of who I could bring my first thought was my friend Meg so I called her and her response was basicly ' I don't want to be away from parents for that long and we might be going to bali' so I said ok I will ask her later to see if she is going to bali when I did she gave me a straight no ( I have forgotten the reasons now) this hurt alot but I continued to try and find someone. All my friends were either not allowed to go or were away then. I may have only asked 4 people but I had (have) considered a heap more!
Thiswasn't the end though when I had asked she said that in term 1 holidays she might be going to india for 2 weeks (so much for her 'excuses') alone with a friend whose family lived there. Yesterday I found out that she is going in a few days (I think) for 2 or more weeks alone! This hurt alot seeing as she made up excuses about not being able to go when in reality she could!
Now to our family friends they try to controll me like they are my parents! They also won't take no for an answer it doesn't care what you are doing! They ask me to help my mum (which I do) when Kylie (the mm/wife) doesn't do anything she sits around and reads or listens to music my mum is forced to do all the work! It drives her crazy this just doesn't happen when we go camping when they come over to our house (the tend to pop up at meal times!) we have to feed them and set up their beds if they choose to stay over! When we came down during the year (this was a planned vist!) we were told to sleep out their pop up caravan and provide our own linen (sleeping bags in our case!). Kylie also did not have dinner ready which ment we had to go and buy our own food while she just sat round and did nothing! we also had to buy us and them lunch the next day! we were their guests! This doesn't make sense!

I feel like our family is just being used we have to provide most of the food and more than not have to take care of their own children! Alister (husband/dad) also does nothing and agrees with what ever kylie says! They also do not approve of reading harry potter ect they have said this on a number of times. and It just so happens that these are mostly the books I will be taking (apart form 2-4 other books plus I get another when I am down there long story . . .)

Because of all the above reasons I do not want to go camping! Thanks for reading this I needed to vent out everything!
Erin

Comments

Popular Posts