24th Birthday Recap

What a crazy fun birthday! I felt so loved and it was so nice to be able to relax and enjoy my birthday on Saturday.
On Friday night we went out to dinner at Grilled, followed by San Churros (we got 2 chocolate fondues to share and we still had leftovers despite sharing them between 5), it was a nice night despite it being freezing!
I woke up at 6.30am as ever since it has been getting lighter my body clock has been waking me up earlier. I just relaxed in bed and of course had a visit from Rikki who found a cotton swab to play with because attacking my mat wasn't enough.
I got dressed and had breakfast.
After breakfast it was time for presents :) in our family we have this tradition of having a bowl of lollies at the breakfast table with a candle and singing happy birthday, I have no idea how it started but it's something I think everyone should do.


I got two rings from Pandora (this one and this one) and some cute cat sheets from my parents, some setting spray  and the matching pj top to my little miss pj pants from Jocelyn and an iTunes card from Megan.
As we had celebrated the night prior (due to me having church on Saturday night), we went out
shopping as I had some vouchers to spend and retail therapy is one of my favourite things. We grabbed lunch in the food court before coming home so Megan could go to dancing.
As it was such a beautiful spring day, I read outside in the sunshine and absorbed all the sun I could.
I then went to church, where I was spoilt by more gifts from friends :)
Instead of doing games night like is our normal Saturday after church tradition everyone came over for cake and we hung out. For those wondering Jocelyn spent all of Saturday afternoon decorating the cake and it tasted as good as it looked! I keeping telling her we should go into business together (I bake the cakes she decorates them) but she wants to be a nurse.

I went to bed exhausted and feeling very loved.
Thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday and thought of me on my special day. I am so thankful to be so loved and have your support throughout the years :)

Comments

Popular Posts