Job Interviews Recap

Sometimes I question what on earth God is doing with my life because just when things can't get busier he decides to pull not one but two rabbits out of hat. I can't remember if there ever was a time when I had two job interviews in one week let alone two within 3 days. Did I mention that both these interviews happened to be during a week where I had 4 assignments due, talk about busy!

Monday afternoon I had a job interview with Mission Australia, this was my first ever community services related job interview and I had no idea what I should wear and what to expect. I ended up settling on my go to interview outfit of black pants, a top that wouldn't be out of place in an office and black flats, I almost wore heels but my ankle had been acting up so I decided to skip them. I arrived at the office 20 minutes early and decided to go for a walk just to calm my nerves and look around at the area as I was unfamiliar with it (despite it being 5 minutes down from my psych's office), I arrived 10 minutes early and gave my name to the receptionist and took a seat. I decided to do some forum moderating while I was waiting and I wanted to see how a few users were going while they were on my mind.
Eventually it was time for the interview, a lot of the questions were case studies - how I would go in this situation, how do you handle  this and that. Not at all the questions I was used to answering when I was applying for admin jobs! While I think I did ok I have no idea how I went and whether they feel I am right for the job or not. I find out in about a week and I am just praying about it and knowing that whatever happens God is in control.

Wednesday I went to class as usual before coming home for lunch and getting ready for the group interview for the Christmas casual position. I was told to wear all black so I wore black jeans, flats and a nice top, of course the one time I had tow wear all black was on the first 30 degree day of the season that required me to go into the city.
I was able to talk my sister into giving me a lift to the train station which was good, and spent some time wandering around the city, doing some window shopping before hand. The interview was at the library near the art gallery so I grabbed a sprite and ended up sitting near the frog pond tucked away next to the art gallery. I was able read my book and just relax, before I went to the library and made my way upstairs to where the interview was.
I had a vauge idea of what to expect as I had asked the workers in my local store (which I visit weekly and know me) which helped put my anxieties at ease. We were given a badge with out name on and walked into the interview room, where a photo of us was taken and we handed in our resumes. It turned out that one of the people who was doing the interviews was the store manager of my local store, which really helped as I knew her (yes I visit so much I know the store manager and workers!). We sat down and chatted to the people next to us before introducing them to the group (there was about 20 of us), I soon realised that I was probably the oldest in the group which was crazy!
The rest of the interview required us in 2 groups to talk about good customer service and sell a product.
Again I honestly don't know how I went especially as there was probably another 4 group interviews happening that day!

Since the interviews, I have been praying like crazy and reminding myself that whatever happens God is in control and I know if a job is meant to be he will make it happen.

Comments

Popular Posts