Friday Favourites

I can't believe Spring will be here on Sunday of course when the past couple of days have been wet and there's no sign of it stopping it's hard to believe that soon warmer weather will be coming.
I've applied for a grand total of three jobs this past week which is actually an improvement compared to past weeks, trying to find a job to apply for is like looking for a needle in a haystack at the moment and it's also tough dealing with job rejections day after day. I'm praying one of these lands me an interview.

On Thursday I once again got all my hair chopped off, I get my hair cut a grand total of once a year so I always go short just in time for Summer. I really like how easy it is to manage and it feels so light.


Onto Friday Favourites...


Chicago P.D. - I finished Chicago Med earlier this week and I have started Chicago P.D. I am really enjoying it so far. I find the characters likeable and the episodes are always interesting, plus the crime shown is so varied and not anything like we have here in Australia. I'm liking getting to know Dr Will Halstead's brother Jay and like with all the Chicago shows there is some crossover with the characters which is great and really makes the universe seem more real.

Rocky Road Brownies - I tend to bake on Tuesdays so I'm trying to post the recipe here (unless it's already been posted) and this week I made Rocky Road Brownies which are SO good and really addictive! I am partial to them cold out of the fridge as the marshmallow is chewy, but they can be eaten at any temp. I've made them twice for bible study so far and they are always a crowd pleaser.

Nude by Nature Pressed Mattifying Mineral Powder - my T zone can sometimes shiny but a swipe of this across the area fixes the problem and sets everything. I don't need much at all and I have noticed a difference in how my makeup looks at the end of the day and find it stays puts more.

Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Oil - as much as I love wearing matte lipstick, I really don't like removing it, but it's become a lot simpler since discovering this oil. I will admit I was a bit hesitant to try it as my skin is prone to being oily and adding more oil just doesn't make sense but I was pleasantly surprised. I just massage it in and wait a few seconds before using a warm flannel to remove all my makeup and it removes everything including the longest wearing matte lipstick.

Everylastings flowers- the weather was so nice on Wednesday that I couldn't resist picking up some Everlastings to plant in the front yard, I love wildflowers (I love Geraldton Wax) and natives grow really well in our front yard. They have brightened up the yard and I'm looking forward to seeing them grow and eventually picking some.



Comments

Popular Posts