Five Friday Favourites

This week has been kinda busy, with trips to Ikea, doctors appointments and general errand running. My state is finally easing out of restrictions which is great and as of next week cafés can open (within reason) and bible study starts again (gone are the nights of doing bible study on my bed in my pjs…) as you can meet in groups of up to 20.

Well I finally have an appointment with the ENT and its for 6 weeks away (June 23rd), which according to my doctor is a short amount of time. Though honestly I have no idea how much longer I can last with this dizziness, it started at the end of September and it's slowly gotten worse.
It's probably really affected my life since January and I've had to reduce so much of what I do (and if it wasn't for Covid restrictions it would've really impacted my life). My memory is going and if something isn't written down there's a good chance I will forget it (I have so many to do lists written on post it notes and note pads scattered around the place). My stamina which was already low to begin with, isn't there and sometimes I find myself dozing off when I am sitting down (which isn't like me, considering I only nap when I am really sick).
I've had a few really rough days this past week (which I'm thinking is my new normal as they haven't reduced to back to a lesser level compared to other weeks) and I'm feeling really discouraged at the moment as until I have the ENT appointment nothing is going to change regarding the dizziness - at least when I was trying various medication/on the migraine diet there was some hope that things would change. I spent a couple of nights writing down everything from when the dizziness first started to the tests and treatments I have tried, which I then printed out and put it in a folder along with a copy of the migraine diet, the 10 page referral, the required paperwork filled out and directions to the ENT. So that way when the appointment comes I am ready to go and I also have records of everything and it means I have something to refer to when asked about the dizziness and when it all started.
I'm now seeing my doctor every other week compared to weekly, these appointments are more for check ins and just to see how I'm going and if anything has changed than for actual treatment. I'm pretty sure most other doctors would just tell me to wait for the ENT appointment and then come back but it's nice to know my doctor cares about me.

Onto Friday Favourites...

Planet Shoes Kew Black Boots - these were a bit of an impulse buy last week I had a $100 voucher and decided to look at Planet Shoes on Myer and next thing I know I had placed a click and collect order. I love Planet Shoes as ever since breaking my ankle two years I need supportive shoes, plus they last (I am not kind on my footwear!). These have a bit of heel on them but I don't notice any difference between them and my other pair of boots that are lower. I can see these looking cute with a skirt and stockings or with jeans so they will get a lot of wear.

Carolina Breeze by Denise Hunter - I was given an advanced copy of this book to read thanks to
Netgalley all opinions are my own.
The blurb reads:
Following the sudden death of his parents, Levi Bennett left his life in Denver to return to his hometown of Bluebell, North Carolina. There he has two critical jobs: take care of his younger sisters and turn the Bluebell Inn—their parents’ retirement dream—into a success. And things are not going well on either front. Grace is dragging her feet on her college applications, Molly is rushing headlong into another serious relationship, and the inn . . . Well, it’s not doing half as well as Levi has led his sisters to believe.

After a public breakup with her fiancé, rising star Mia Emerson has finally scored the role of her career. But when a scandal arises, falsely casting her as “the other woman” to one of Hollywood’s leading married men, Mia flees to Bluebell—the location of her would-be honeymoon—to lick her wounds.

Mia and Levi have seemingly few things in common. But when they discover that an old heirloom necklace is hidden somewhere in the inn, the search draws them together . . . and they soon find themselves falling in love.

Could they have more in common than they’d ever imagined? And can Levi handle yet one more responsibility in his already overextended life?

This book follows on from the first book in the series beautifully and I liked how Molly's story was a part of this book. I loved reading about Mia and how her life was far from perfect despite being successful in many peoples eyes. Levi was a great character and so selfless as he gave up his dreams and ideal life to help his family and you could see him wrestling with those feelings throughout the book. This is a great book if you need something to read to provide an escape that is light and not super intense.
Carolina Breeze is out 19th of May.

Wash Your Hands by James Veitch - I really like James Veitch and this song is hilarious. I actually caught my sister singing this round the house a couple of weeks ago as it's so catchy.

Stabilo 68 Colouring Pens - I really shouldn't be allowed to online shop anymore as last Friday night I found myself buying these. I figured I should buy myself a good set of pens to colour in with and I love the Stabilo fineliners (which I already own) so these are what I ended up ordering. I like how the tip is a good size for a variety of uses and can be used on really detailed work (I tend to colour in things that are postcard sized or smaller). I really love using them and find they brighten up my day.

Young People Talk About Depression (ReachOut article) - I was fortunate enough to get given the chance to be involved with this article. I actually experience depression/depressive episodes along with my anxiety and with these health issues I have noticed them appearing a lot more. It was great to share how I manage it when times are tough and also hear about other ways young people handle their depression.


Comments

Popular Posts