Five Friday Favourites

 How are we in June already?! The Hamilton trip is so close it's not funny (less than 20 days until we flyout!) and I have started to write down my packing list because I am paranoid I will forget something. I will say the closer we get the less I am looking forward to flying out at 6.00am on the 29th but it will be worth it.

Mental health wise I have hit a bit of a brick wall, I just feel like I am going nowhere and to be honest I feel like God has forgotten about me. Whenever I apply for jobs I just want to bang my head against the keyboard because I know that rejection will follow. 

I've gotten good at keeping my struggles to myself and I know I shocked people with this post last week but sometimes it's just easier to write it down rather than tell people. I think it also feels real when I do write it down and tell people, like I can ignore it but as soon as I tell people I have to face it. I also really don't want to be a burden on people because in my mind my friends aren't my psychologist and if I have professional support why should I use friends as support. I'm thankful that I do have friends who make me confide in them and remind me that they are there for support. One of my friends last Tuesday dropped round a care package which was so nice and unexpected, I could tell she had put a lot of thought into it. When I saw my doctor yesterday I said to him I feel like the world is against me because between job rejections, consistent dizziness that we can't get to the bottom of, fatigue, lack of sleep and everything else I can't catch a break. My doctor told me he could say that the world isn't against me but clearly it seems it is and hopefully one day the world will be for me. I'm at the point in my life when I just want a break from everything. 

I have something in the pipeline and while it's not a proper job exactly but it is using my skills and keeping my mind busy. Maybe in the future it will turn into a job but for now it's more helping out with a passion project and I am excited to see where it goes. I don't feel ready to share too much about it especially as it's so new, I have mentioned the business in a previous Friday Favourites post so that's a hint. 

Onto Friday Favourites...

Bamboozld Socks - I'm a crazy person who spent $60 on 6 pairs of socks but in my defence they were worth it! Jocelyn has actually bought be two pairs over the years and I found myself reaching for them time and time again and getting annoyed when they were in the wash. I mean they were warm, breathable, really soft and they last really well plus I loved the patterns so what's not to like?! I tend to wear long socks with boots in Winter, so while they are having a 40% off sitewide I decided I should stock up. I had the hardest time choosing what patterns I wanted but I eventually chose the following pairs: bad kitty, scholar koala, chook, liquorice allsorts, toadstool, and daisy as I already had the llama drama and kitty cats prints otherwise they would've been bought. 

Swisse Immunity Boost - I know I have recommended this a couple of times on Friday Favourites but seriously buy it this cold and flu season, it will change your life. I have since got a few friends onto this along with my mum and Jocelyn because it is THAT good. One a tablet a day and being sick will be a thing of the past. I swore I was getting sick a couple of weeks ago so I doubled the dose for a couple of days and within 2 days I was feeling fine. I went from a mild sore throat and runny nose to nothing and for someone who often deals with lingering colds (which then go into my chest yay asthma!) this is nothing short of a miracle. Do yourself a favour and buy a bottle, 1 tablet a day really keeps the doctor away (unless you're like me and have chronic dizziness but that's a different matter...)

Jeanswest Tummy Trimmer Slim Straight Jeans - I have a stomach and while I have accepted that its a part of me, I like clothing that helps flatten it a bit. These jeans have been my go to for many years and I love them, the cut is super flattering but it also provides some extra support in the stomach area. I love the slim straight style (no I won't be buying any flare jeans no matter how in they are!) which is the perfect classic style, in black and indigo. I live in them probably 2/3rds of the year and wear them with everything and everywhere. I don't own any other jeans in my closet and never intend to as they tick all the boxes plus at two pairs for $109 they are great value for money. 

White chocolate buttercream - I have used this twice when I have made cupcakes and it's SO good. It tastes amazing, I kid you not I would eat this off a spoon as somehow the white chocolate adds a depth to the icing but doesn't make it taste super sweet (or maybe that's just me). As a bonus it sets up nicely as well which makes transporting cupcakes easier. I have used both a block of normal white chocolate and white chocolate melts and both worked well, just make you let the chocolate cool for a bit before you beat it into the buttercream. 

Hamilton Australia - this video looks amazing and it's hard to believe that 3 weeks tomorrow I will be seeing it in person. 





Comments

Popular Posts