Five Friday Favourites

What a strange fortnight! To be honest I am still processing my dizziness diagnosis and I know I have a long road a head of me treatment wise, this article on the New York Times has been really helpful and it was good to get a perspective from someone who has been through it. I saw my doctor on Thursday and he calls it a working diagnosis but he's being cautious about it as it's the 3rd diagnosis I have had and even with treatment it's probably never going to go away 100%. I had a genetic blood test on Thursday to see how I metabolise my current medication because my doctor has a theory that I could metabolise it fast and the dose isn't high when you take that into consideration. It wasn't a cheap test ($200 out of pocket) and the results are going to take 3 weeks but it will be worth. Once we get those results we can work out a treatment plan and whether I need to see psychiatrist for a consultation.

Last weekend I went up north for a church young adults retreat, it was a really fun weekend. Of course I didn't sleep well at all (which was to be expected considering I don't sleep well even at home), but it was a good time and I am glad I went. 

Work is going well, I finally feel like I'm not drowning and I am not second guessing myself regarding the articles I write. I have a 3 part series starting on Monday which I am really excited about, it's all about various mental health myths looking at supplements, products and food/drink and what actually works backed up by science. I was intending to do just one post but it was turning out really long so I was able to split it in 3 and go more detailed. I'm in a good routine with work and I'm actually letting myself have down time. I took last Friday and today more or less took off, apart from publishing the articles and making sure I had my phone on me which was nice. 


I have a job interview on Tuesday for a peer support worker position, it's casual so I should be able to fit it in with [redacted]. I'm honestly trying not to think about it especially as at this point I have so much going on in my mind. 

Onto Friday Favourites...

Frankie Feel-Good magazine - I picked this up last Friday intending to read it during some down time on the retreat, but I only managed to read a few articles. I finally got round to reading it at home and it's really good. It has great articles, along with mindfulness activities and it's normalising mental health which is awesome. It's a special edition of Frankie so it's separate to the quarterly issues and I highly recommend picking it up.

Nude by Nature Creamy Matte lipstick in Red Blossom - I really like this lipstick formula and it's long lasting but doesn't dry out my lips, also the colours are universal so would suit most people. I bought this last week as I couldn't resist adding another shade to my collection. It's more a natural red so not in your face and more on the pink side. 

Frank Green Piglet water bottle - yes I don't need another water bottle especially as I have this exact one but in purple with Eeyore on it. For those who know me you know that I have a special bond with Piglet. He's my all time favourite Disney character and our personalities are very similar (he has anxiety don't tell me otherwise!) so I needed this water bottle. I really love these water bottles though as they keep water cold for 24 hours and are litre so I can fill it up at the start of every day and try to drink it all throughout the day. 

Salted Pretzel Marshmallow Blondies -  I made these for bible study on Wednesday after not making them for ages and I forgot how good they were. The salty sweet combination was amazing and they were the right amount of chewiness. I am going to be finding any excuse possible to make these again, but at the same time I could easily eat them all so they are dangerous to have in the house!

High School Musical: The Musical: The Series - Second Chance - I'm a bit sad that this series has finished for season 2 but this song was so good in the finale. So I will continue to listen to it on repeat until a season 3 is announced. 



Comments

Popular Posts