Five Friday Favourites

It's been a quiet fortnight, I got my first and hopefully last cold of the season which has knocked me around a bit and it's lingering in the form of a cough (the joys of being asthmatic...). I've also been ordered by both my psych and doctor to take a break for the next couple of weeks and not job hunt or obsess over finding a job as there lots of time for that to happen. It's been nice to have a bit of a break and while it did take me a couple of days to not check Seek, I have to admit I've noticed a difference in my mental health.
I handed over all my prac booklet stuff on Monday and my lecturer was super impressed with me and how well I did at my placement which is great. I still go into campus on the 26th to say goodbye to everyone, so until then I am on break. I actually ran into the people I did prac with on Thursday and it was nice to see all the clients and support workers, but it is a relief to be done with my prac hours.
I'm aiming to get a post up regarding what's next for me and a recap of my prac placement sometime next week, so keep an eye out for that. Onto Friday Favourites:

Aladdin - so I have seen this film twice in theatres (once with my mum and sisters and once with a friend) and it is SO good. I love all the costumes and glitz but the actors are amazing, I mean I knew Naomi Scott was going to be good but who knew Mena Massoud could be this perfect Aladdin?!
I love the song Speechless and it has been on repeat ever since I first saw the film, again I knew that Naomi Scott could sing especially as I have all her EPs (and lets be honest the song She's So Gone from Lemonade Mouth is one of all my time favourite songs from a Disney Channel Original Movie) but this song has so much emotion in it. I highly recommend going to see it, if you haven't already as I can guarantee you will love it :)

Speechless (Aladdin soundtrack)- this is one of my current favourite songs and it's so good, it wasn't in the original movie but it was the perfect addition to the film. The video clip has over 29 million views so that's saying something...



Wiltshire Cookie Scoop - this is one of those cooking gadgets that may seem like another junk drawer item but for me I need it. I had a plastic one which broke and I put off replacing it as I figured maybe I didn't really one but found I really missed it whenever I was making cookies, so I finally bought a new one. This one is sturdy and makes cookies the perfect size, its also good for making cupcakes evenly sized too.

Avanti Go Cup - I'm not a hot drink person whatsoever but I bought my mum one of these mugs for Mothers Day and she loves it. It keeps things hot for a long time but isn't bulky and feels really nice, plus the print is cute (there's quite a few different ones around). The thing is my mum isn't super fussy when it comes to travel mugs but my youngest sister is and I knew this mug was one of the best when she kept stealing it. So much so that mum and I chipped in and bought her one (we got her this pattern) to prevent her from taking it permanently! I've only linked to the 280ml ones but I bought the next size up (410ml) as I felt 280ml is too small.

Fear No More (album) by The Afters - it's always a given that I will download the latest album by The Afters and this one has not disappointed! The songs are super encourage and the song Fear No More is such a comforting song for someone like myself who has anxiety. It's always great to have new music to listen to and this album has come at the right time for me as I face a lot of uncertainty in the coming weeks (and months).

Comments

Popular Posts