Friday Favourites

Another fortnight has passed and we're in March. I've currently lost my voice which is great for those who live with me, they actually get some peace and quiet for once! I had a feeling last Friday I was getting sick with a cold but it didn't progress until Tuesday when I only had half my voice and then on Wednesday I fully lost my voice and proceeded to crash. Yesterday I only ventured out of the house to attend an employment agency meeting - I have a new consultant who seems great and I am hopeful they will help me land a job (hopefully soon!) and to grab some butter from Aldi. Today I did my usual retail therapy before coming home and crashing as my usual dizziness was getting worse and I really didn't want to fall over. I also got an email today telling me I wasn't successful for a job I applied for, I had had high hopes regarding this application and while the job wasn't exactly perfect it seemed like I would have been a good fit for it, so it's discouraging not have even made it to the interview stage. I know there's a job out there for me, it's just hard to stay positive and keep applying for what jobs are out there (of which there are almost none).

On Tuesday I had an MRI. It was probably the least invasive test (no needles, things stuck to you for periods of time or getting poked) I have had since the dizzy spells began. The most annoying thing for me was removing all my jewellery as some of it had fiddly clasps which didn't make things easy. But for the most part it was just staying still on a table that moved your head into a tube as magnets got images of your brain. It did make a lot of noise (and while I did have the option to listen to the radio I chose not to) but it kinda felt relaxing and nice to be able to zone out for 30 minutes. I got a link to the images within a couple of hours of the tests and it's interesting to look at my brain though if I am being honest I have no idea what I am looking at and I think for my anxieties sake I should just want until I see my doctor and he's had a chance to look at the report (which isn't made available yet and won't be until I see my doctor).
The official diagnosis from the physio was Vestibular Migraines and anxiety which we already know I have (I don't exactly hide it) and he felt that the anxiety was making the dizziness worse. My doctor and me both don't feel that the diagnosis is 100% correct, especially regarding the anxiety as it's manageable. My bloods have been thoroughly checked for everything possible, I've had a glucose test that's come back fine, I've had an echocardiogram and a holter monitor test and my heart is fine so really the only thing left to check is my brain. I see my doctor on Tuesday for the results and I praying that it might show something, if it doesn't show anything then the dizzy spells must be caused by Vestibular Migraines and I will stick on this diet.

Speaking of the diet I am officially off chocolate for the near future and I'm barely surviving. I really don't want to turn the chocolate addiction into another addiction (such as lollies/sugar). So I've been watching what I am eating and doing a lot of mindful eating - not eating because I am bored/need something to do while I watch Netflix. Of course on Tuesday which was when I started having no chocolate day I ate 4 small cookies and 3 minties oops! 

Last weekend I had the pleasure of going on church camp, I missed last years due to being over east for a ReachOut media release. I was on putting together the annual church camp quiz and each year it just keeps getting better and better. I put around 14 hours into it as I write all the questions from scratch (I know you can Google quiz questions but there's no fun in it), it ran really well and everyone loved it. I've already got a 2021 church camp quiz ideas word document started so I can add to it as the year goes on, as it's a given that I will do it again (apparently it will be weird if someone else does it now haha). I probably stuck to the Migraine Diet 80/90% of the time on the weekend, I do know I ate more than 1 egg a day at breakfast and my salt intake was way over. The cooks did really well in providing me with options and I know as a caterer diet requirements can be headache inducing. Overall was a great weekend and while the weather could've been warmer, there was nothing else I would change about it.

Onto Friday Favourites...

The Dizzy Cook (blog) - I discovered this blog when I posted on the Migraine Subreddit asking if anyone had any tips for surviving the Migraine Diet.  While I am on a slightly different version of the diet than is mentioned on the blog, it's a good blog to look through to get meal ideas and also to know that you're not alone during the diet. These cookies are on my to bake list for sometime next week, I also made this curry on Tuesday night which was a hit (I made a few random adaptions to increase the vegie content and subbed ground coriander in for the ground cardamom as we didn't have it).

Kentucky Butter Cake - I am obsessed with this cake recipe, its so good and it doesn't make me miss
chocolate in baking at all (90% of my go to recipes contain chocolate which sucks). I have made it twice in the past two weeks and from now on if you ask me to bring a dessert to an event I will most likely make this. I have no idea whether I have shared this recipe or not on here but it's worth a reshare if I have. It's super easy to make and the hardest part is letting it sit for 24 hours which is when an amazing buttery sugar crust forms and takes the cake to another level.

Petal Bowl with Bunny - Bed Bath and Table always have the cutest Easter things and I'm trying not to get to sucked into it (I have a bad enough Christmas decoration obsession). But I couldn't resist when I saw this cute bowl, it's just so sweet and cute and I can see it being filled with Easter eggs on Easter morning. I also don't see it being over the top Easter and you could easily leave it out year round - it would be great in a girls room filled with hair clips etc.

Scratch Art Pad Holographic - I like to doodle in notebooks, I have a notebook in my handbag dedicated to doodling. So when I saw this pad all I could think about was how cute my doodles would look in it. It's really fun and there is something therapeutic about scratching away the black to reveal the shiny behind. I have actually bought two of these pads (one being the rainbow version) to give as birthday gifts for some kids as I know they will love them. The pads are sold out online but I have seen them in store recently.

Disney Zombies 2 Flesh and Bone - I love Disney Channel Original Movies and Zombies 2 was really good (hopefully a sequel will be in the works as the story doesn't quite seem finished). I've since had the soundtrack on repeat and the one song I can't seem to get out of my head is Flesh and Bone. I always like it when movie soundtrack songs seem to have deeper messages in them and this song definitely does.



Comments

Popular Posts