Update on my dizziness

I've tended to put my health updates in Friday Favourites but I wanted to do a major update post. So long story short I am still experiencing consistent dizziness and there's no clear reason why, the many tests I have had (including a recent blood test) show nothing.
I'm still on the migraine diet and while it's not noticeably helping, I feel like it's something I can do and until I don't feel dizzy I'm going to stay on it. I never in a million years thought I would give up chocolate and actually survive. While I did have some chocolate on Easter it wasn't a huge amount and I actually felt a bit sick after it (but not any dizzier), it's funny but I think I like the smell of chocolate more than eating it. I will say that my diet as a whole has improved and I'm noticing a lot of positive differences, from my skin clearing up to losing weight and I don't eat out of boredom. I also felt at the start of the year I was in a recipe rut and was baking the same things over and over again, but being on this diet has meant I have found new recipes and my cooking has branched out (I'm making curries and non chocolate desserts!). 
I'm on my 4th week of trying various medications seeing if they help. First was antibiotics as my sinuses were inflamed on the MRI, then anti nausea medication (that actually made me drowsy and my dizziness worse), then an antihistamine to see if I could have Menieres disease (which made no difference) and now another medication that I am required to take twice a day which comes with a list of side affects to see if its my nerves in my brain. My doctor's approach is to try any medication that can help with dizziness and see if it helps and then if it does (which it hasn't yet) then look at what it treats (though he is positive it's to do with my brain in some capacity). It's pretty much the only thing we can do as none of the tests have showed anything and some things aren't always shown on MRIs unless they're actually happening when its taken.
If anyone has any ideas on what it could be please let me know (as I keep telling people I have had extremely thorough blood tests multiple times checking for everything and nothing is out of the ordinary so it's something that won't show up in my blood).

At the start of the year I wanted this all to be sorted, so it could be put behind me and I could focus on finding a job. I got more and more frustrated when the tests continued to come back normal and a lot of tears were shed. I remember saying to my mum that it would be easier to accept this dizziness if I knew what was causing it even if it was a brain tumour or something along those lines. I have accepted this as my new normal, I have no idea if my dizziness will ever fully go away or if it's something that like my anxiety that will need to be managed and monitored. 
I'm thankful that this medication trialling is happening during a pandemic as it means I can stay inside and take things easy. I also don't have any pressure or expectations to find a job as no one is hiring at the moment, I don't think I could go through all this while also looking for work or starting a new job. I'm hopeful that we will find a medication that will work soon but until then it's just taking it one day at a time and reminding myself that this will eventually get sorted even if it takes months.

Comments

Popular Posts