Five Friday Favourites

 And just like that we're in September and as is the case September is filled with birthdays and things


just start getting busier. I think the promise of warmer weather causes people to start planning things and I always have an influx of events in September/October. Last week I had my fortnightly doctor's appointment (I have honestly forgotten what it's like to only see my doctor a few times a year) which was uneventful and we're still waiting and seeing how the dizziness goes. I also had my annual hair cut so my hair is now short and a lot more manageable, which is good. Then this past week I played with my Cricut and caught up with a couple of friends which was nice. 

I have yet to hear anything about the job I went for two weeks ago but I am almost certain I haven't gotten the job as none of my referees have been contacted. While I'm disappointed, I'm continuing to trust in God throughout this time and I know he has the right job for me which I will get at the right time (though I'm not going to lie it would be nice if it could happen sooner rather than later!). 

Onto Friday Favourites...

Hamilton Australia - I really enjoyed seeing Hamilton on Disney+ and the music has been on repeat ever since. When I heard that the play was coming to Australia next year I jokingly said to a friend that we should fly across and a mutual friend contacted me asking if I was interested in coming as she was organising a trip so I thought about it for 5 minutes and decided to do it. So last Monday my friend G was on presale grabbing tickets for July and we have tickets. We still have to organise airfares and a place to stay but we're going to wait, as we're not allowed out of our state (thanks Covid) so we will book closer to July and our priority was getting the tickets. It should be a fun trip though and I'm looking forward to going. 

Review Pretty Petal Top - I ended up buying this top on Thursday and I really like it. The cut is super flattering and the print is really fun. I also like how it can be dressed up or down and I could get away with wearing it in an office. I will say it was a splurge but I did have a $20 voucher as well as it being 25% off so it wasn't too bad. 

I Bought a Cricut (blogpost) - I have finally gotten round to writing a post about my Cricut and the tools I have along with the resources I use. It's gotten quite a workout this past week, I have finally figured out how to cut vinyl so I have a feeling that everything will be labelled soon and I made quite a few cards as well. I am getting more confident in using it and I'm looking forward to seeing what I can create with it. 

Dear Anaesthesia (Dear Theodosia parody) - this an extremely well done Hamilton parody and when I sent it to my cousin and her husband (both who are doctors and my cousin in-law is currently doing a placement in anaesthetics) and they loved it. 



Initial Necklace - I've bought this necklace on two different separate occasions for gifts and each time it has been well received. It's really delicate and simple so it suites most people and being sterling silver it's going to last and be a great keepsake. 

Comments

Popular Posts