Five Friday Favourites

This past fortnight started challenging, but has ended on a fairly high note. Last week was mentally tough after the blow of not getting the job and also it being a year since the dizziness started. When I saw my doctor last Thursday I told him I couldn't believe it had been a year of dizziness and his response was that he could as he still had no idea what could be causing it. This past week has been really nice with having friends over for lunch on Monday, then picnic with friends on Wednesday, catching up with a friend on Thursday for lunch and just recharging. My dizziness has increased to a 4 out of 5 and I'm also dealing with fatigue, so it will be interesting to see what my blood test results say when I see my doctor next Thursday. I have applied for a few jobs and I'm praying that one may produce an interview but I just don't know. At this point in time I am just taking it one application at a time and giving it all to God. 

This weekend is looking to be busy with seeing my sister in a dance competition tomorrow and then on Sunday I have a friend's baby shower which should be nice. Next week isn't too busy but I do have a psych appointment, employment agency appointment and my usual doctor's appointment, so lots of appointments. I am also catching up with my friends who I am going to see Hamilton with and we're hopefully booking an Airbnb and planning more of our trip which will be exciting. 

Onto Friday Favourites...

Imogen Split Midi Skirt - I probably don't need another skirt for Summer but I saw this one in Jeanswest and I just had to buy it. I love the style and the print is super cute and it sits really well on me. I also loves how it will work in with the tops already in my wardrobe and I can wear it to multiple places. 

Kara Curve Embracer Skinny Capri -  if you can't tell I buy many of my clothes from Jeanswest. I used to live in 3/4 length pants when I was younger, but once I got older I could never find any that I liked and fitted me well. But I was in Jeanswest last week and decided to try these on and they fitted really well along with being a great length. I also got this pair  (in a smaller size as they run large) as I wanted a lighter wash. 

Folding Serve Tray - I should never go to Kmart as I always end up doing impulse buys! Last week I went in for paper cups and plates for a picnic and walked out with this tray. I figured it would be useful for the picnic as I was bringing all the cheese and crackers but also for general use around the house. I like how it can stand up and is a good size for a laptop 

Confetti Cookies - I made these last week and they are so good! I will say making them in a food processor probably wasn't the wisest idea as they didn't combine as easily (and I had to keep emptying it out and mixing it in a bowl then returning the mix to the food processor), so I'm thinking next time I will just use the mixmaster. But they taste great (probably due to all the butter) and the sprinkles add a fun touch. You can't stop at just one cookie and this has been confirmed by many people. 

Secret Society of Second Born Royals -  I have watched this movie twice in the past week and both times I've really enjoyed it. It's a light film and I liked the storyline and the characters, also the fashion in parts was really great. I will say I was a but disappointed that Skylar Astin didn't break into song during it considering it was a Disney film. The ending was left open so I'm hoping for another film in the series. 


Comments

Popular Posts