68 days until I see a (new) neurologist

So it seems like I have another countdown going so not only am I counting down the days until Hamilton (40 days until we leave, 44 days until we see the musical) but I now have a date to see the neurologist so I am counting down the days for that appointment. I have a lot of mixed feelings about this appointment mainly I am wondering if it will be a waste of time or actually give me answers. Considering the last neurologist appointment was not the best appointment and left me feeling very discouraged. Saying that this neurologist is also a professor, has won numerous awards and is also head of the neurology department at a major hospital so surely this time round things will go smoother. But we're running out of ideas as to what is causing this dizziness and at this point I am willing to see any doctor who might have some idea as to what is going on with me.

Knowing that this dizziness is bound to increase and that there's really nothing I can do about it makes me anxious with how I will go on the Hamilton trip. I knew when I booked the trip there was a high chance that the dizziness would still be impacting me and also a chance that I would be unemployed (which I am almost certain I still will be).  I'm actually interested to see how I will go flying and whether that will have an impact on the dizziness in some way. I know that the time difference will affect me but thankfully we are there for a week and we do fly in at around noon their time (we fly out 6.00am our time) so my body should adjust within a day. I'm going to try to do what I can to decrease the impact the dizziness will have on me and if that means always having a Sprite on me or needing to go to bed early then so be it. I'm also going with two amazing friends (and a third friend is joining us later on in the trip) who have assured me that they will help me any way they can and regardless of how my dizziness is we're going to have a good trip. 

So it seems that my life is filled with countdowns and I'm not afraid to admit that these are helping me keep going in the hard times, as each day that passes means that I am one day closer to maybe getting answers or having a trip of a lifetime. 

Comments

Popular Posts