Five Friday Favourites

I can't believe we are almost at the end of May, it feels like time has dragged on but also gone so fast. I'm interest to see what June will bring and I am hoping it brings at least a diagnosis of my dizziness.

It' just over 3 weeks until I see the ENT, the appointment has been forward by one day so the count down is on. I wrote a post about what it's like to deal with dizziness and answers to some of the questions I get frequently asked, you can check that out here. It's not been too bad these past two weeks but the pattern is I have two weeks where it gets worse and then two weeks where it's steady which I'm coming to the end of, so next week I'm preparing for it to be bad.

Last week was relatively busy for me, I caught up with two friends which was nice, saw my psychologist and actually went out at night. I'm trying to be a bit more social when I have the energy and it's nice to have an excuse to do my make up and care about what I wear. Bible study has started up again as well which is nice - we're meeting at the church instead of at a house so we can social distance still but it's great to see everyone and we've started up Saturday night games again at the church. Both are bringing back some normalcy which is nice and I'm enjoying getting to see some of
my church family again.
Then this week has been quiet and I've enjoyed just spending time at home, I did see my doctor on Thursday (just for a check in and to vent about getting all the questions/unhelpful advice I keep getting. Unless you have a medical degree please keep your input to yourself!) and met a friend for coffee today which was nice. We also got 5 week old chickens on Monday, so we're hopeful in 10-12 weeks we might get some eggs.

Onto Friday Favourites...

Kimmi Pleat Skirt (black daisy) - I saw this skirt online and the moment a local Jeanswest store opened up I raced down to try it on. I really wanted a skirt I could wear with stockings and this skirt is perfect, plus I can wear it in the warmer months as well. It sits nicely, the pattern is cute and it's the perfect length plus being Jeanswest you know it's going to last. It's definitely going to become a staple piece in my wardrobe and I can't wait to wear it out.
Easy Care packs - I put together these care packages for my friends and I really like how they turned out. I figured everyone needs a treat during this time and these were super easy and inexpensive to put together. I included 4 small colouring cards, a scrunchie (I found some really cute ones in 3 packs on sale at Lovisa) and a chocolate. The tag was simply some scrapbook paper with a sticker on and I wrote "Just for you, Love Erin" on the other side. They have been well received and my friends really liked them as well. 
Hemp Hand Cream - with all this handwashing my hands have been getting really dry and I have once again turned to this hand cream to help. I have never been a huge hand cream person but this one is amazing, absorbs fast, isn't greasy, doesn't make my hands slimy when I wash them, and gives my hands a much needed
moisture boost. I really notice a difference when I use it and I can't recommend it enough.

Talking Points series by Vaughan Roberts - when I was studying Community Services I was challenged as a Christian when it came to certain topics and there were some topics (such as gender diversity) which did my head in as I had no idea where I should stand and what the bible said about those topics. I first read the Transgender book in the series and I found it amazing, (it was reviewed at a Christian Women's Convention) it wasn't a big book and one I read in under 30 minutes, but it was so eye opening and really helped me. I have since read the one about Assisted Suicide which was a hot topic in parliament last year and I own the other two books in the series which are on my to read list. I like how they get to the point and explain things simply but they also list further resources if you need them.

The Afters Forever and Always - this song has regularly been on repeat for me and it really resonates with me and what I'm going through. I was thinking awhile ago that I have no idea what God's plan is for me with this dizziness but he will always be there for me and this song is a great reminder of that.

Cheaper By The Dozen reunion (bonus favourite!) - the Cheaper by The Dozen films were some of my favourites when I was younger and I just loved Hilary Duff and any of her films in my books was a winner (still is if I'm being honest). This reunion was so fun and it brought back a lot of memories, so my sister and I had to watch the first film on Thursday just to relive it (and it had surprisingly held up really well over the years!).

Comments

Popular Posts