The fact is Christmas can be a stressful time of year and for my family very stressful and we often loose sight of the real meaning, the birth of Jesus!
But here are some tips to stay sane and not loose sight of the real meaning!
- Write a list of what you need to do, presents to buy, people to call. Hey Santa does it so what do you have to loose?
- If your hosting a lunch or dinner ask your guests to bring something it may feel rude at the time but the chances are they will be more than willing to help out.
- Get a good night's rest aim for 9 hours this will help you get more done in the long run.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help! If your stuck on a christmas gift ask someone close to the person you are buying for, take advantage of the gift wrapping services that stores provide and at time you will most likely be supporting a charity.
- Order your food online! This saves time and you won't have to brave the shops to do it! Many stores such as coles or woolworths/safeway do it for little or no charge.
- Give your self a day off at least once or twice this makes for a more sane and relaxed you!
So please give these tips a try and remember Jesus is the reason for the season!