I started blogging in 2009 when I was 15 as something to do and I enjoyed writing, I had no idea that all these years later I would still be blogging!
I am a committed Christian and I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for God and his strength.I was diagnosed with Dyspraxia when I was 3 and then when I was 12 I was diagnosed with anxiety. Neither of these things have made my life easy but I have persevered through and come out the other side so much stronger.
I have just finished studying Community Services at TAFE and I now have a diploma and a Cert 4 in that area. I really enjoyed studying and it was bittersweet for that chapter of my life to be over. I am now trying to find a job in the sector and praying that something will come up soon.
I am passionate about mental health and reducing the stigma surrounding mental illness because of this I volunteer as a Youth Ambassador and forum moderator for the organisation ReachOut.
When I am not on the internet you can find me baking, reading a good book, watching an entertaining tv show (it varies), crafting, shopping, spending time with my family or chilling with my cat - Paprika (or Rikki).
A few fun facts about me:
- I'm super clumsy and I joke that I am a safety hazard!
- I broke my ankle last year falling down 3 stairs and had no idea it was broken for 3 weeks. This resulted in 12 weeks in a moonboot and it's only now just coming good over a year later.
- I once gave up my laptop for a whole month to raise money for ReachOut.
- I love wearing lipstick and love to play around with fun colours.
- I've been on TV twice - once to speak up about spying on in the workplace and another time to share my experiences with cyber bullying for a media release for ReachOut.
- I'm a morning person.
- I have a sweet tooth and I rarely go a day without eating chocolate.
- I don't drink hot drinks and if I do I drink hot water which is on super rare occasions.
- Gift giving is my love language and I love finding the perfect gift for friends and family members.