comitted Christian and have been all my life, I believe that if you have God you will never be able to hit rock bottom. I am currently unemployed (again) and have no idea what my next step should be, am a Youth Ambassador for ReachOut (you can read more about that here) and am studying to get my Diploma in Business
Administration. I also have anxiety and Dyspraxia which I try not to let get in the way of my life :)
My life has never been easy but I have learnt to just trust God with it, its ok to cry and sometimes you just need to dance in the rain while waiting for the storm to pass.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter and Pinterest
Here are 15 things that you should know about me:
- I am a pastors daughter and have been on and off my whole life, this has been a challenge at times but it has opened up so many doors which I am thankful for.
- I am the oldest out of 3 girls, my middle sister Megan has Down Syndrome and my youngest sister Jocelyn has red hair. I still live at home with them and my parents and for now its the right decision.
- I can't stand walking around barefoot and wear shoes even when I am just around the house.
- I live with 2 cats, one of which is mine (Rikki or Paprika) and the other is a family cat (Maddy). They were both adopted from my local cat shelter and make my house a home.
- I am currently unemployed once again. I have previously worked as a customer service officer in local government but found that my it was making my anxiety flare up and made the tough decision to leave after much prayer and thought. I am unsure what my next job should be but am giving it to God and praying that he will guide me through this next stage in my life.
- I am a big binge watcher of shows and once I find a show I love I can't/won't stop watching until I've watched all available episodes. In the past I've binged Greek, Degrassi: The Next Generation, Scrubs, Parks and Recreation, The Office, The Flash, Super Girl, Saving Hope and the list could go on and on! I love Canadian TV shows and I will give anything a go as long as its not horror or to dark.
- I started this blog when I was 15 and its grown from there, I have no idea where it will go but I have loved seeing it develop and hope to continue it for many years to come!
- I love to read books and enjoy reading before bed. I have an e-reader and take it with me everywhere and its not uncommon to find me in a café reading when I need some 'me time'. Once I find an author I love I will read all their books, I still read authors I discovered when I was in high school. Reading for me is an escape and I love a book that can make me laugh, cry and has a few twists. Some of my favourite authors are Jenni B Jones, Erryn Mangum, Candace Calvert, Dee Henderson, Ally Carter, Sarah Dessen, Rachel Hauck and Cat Patrick.
- I am very creative and do a lot of craft and painting in my spare time. I can't not just watch TV so you will most likely find me watching a movie or TV show while crafting or painting.
- I love baking and people keep telling me to go into a job in hospitality but its a hobby and what I do to relax. I also bake bread when I am stressed, there is something therapeutic about kneading all my troubles away.
- I am a planner and need a routine to function, I also rely on lists and use a lot of post it notes.
- I am extremely clumsy but have never broken a bone (though I have bruised my knee bones quite a few times) I have fallen in a fish pond once, peeled the tip off my left pointer finger (its on a slight angle if you look at it closely) and have numerous scars from my various falls and mishaps.
- I often have realistic dreams and am convinced they mean something and will often spend the following day in a daze trying to work out what they mean!
- I would love to one day move into the country and can't ever see myself being fully settled in the suburbs.
- Nothing in my life has ever been easy for me, and I have had to work twice as hard to get where I am. I make sure to celebrate the little things because of this, whenever I finish a unit of my diploma I treat myself, when I got my last job I bought myself a charm for my bracelet this is because I had to work so hard to get there and wanted to remind myself in the future that I did it.