Interview Recap

Well today was interview day! My anxiety (no surpise really) decided to show itself with vengence, last night I had some anxiety induced wacky dreams and managed to sleep through my alarm (which wasn't a huge problem just meant I didn't go for a walk this morning).
My mum is actually on holidays so she offered to drive me as she had to pick up something near where my interview was, which was nice as while I like to drive myself, the roads were wet and I knew parking would be a bit difficult where the interview was. My employment agency likes to drive their clients to interviews, which may work for most people but it doesn't work for me. I do enjoy driving myself to interviews, as gives me a chance to clear my mind and just pray about all my worries. Thankfully as it was my mum driving I didn't feel the need to make conversation or go through interview questions/what if scenarious, which has happened when my employment agency has driven me in the past.
I got dropped off near the cafe where the interview was going to be 30 minutes before and it was nice to wander into shops and just give it all to God. I walked into the cafe 15 minutes before the interview and sat down, pretending to look at the menu and my phone. The people who were doing the interviewing noticed me straight away and before long I was in the middle of it all.
They were really nice and I felt comfortable with them all, I got asked all the standard questions and could see myself working there.
I was one of ten to be interviewed and the second person to be interviewed. I find out in a week or so if I have been successful or not and I am trying not to focus on it at all.
If I do get the job, I would be working 3 days a week (8.30-5.30) which is ideal, but I would need to complete training at their head office for a week on the other side of the country which I will face if the time comes. I would also start as soon as possible which isn't a problem for me as I really want a job and feel that once I get a job the sooner I start the better.
I didn't mention my anxiety as it never came up in conversation and felt that I didn't need to mention it either.
I am so thankful for those who prayed for me and were a huge support leading up to the interview. Those who know me know I like to overthink things (anxiety life haha!) so it was great to have a few people who I could talk through things with. I received a text from a friend this morning which was exactly what I needed to hear and really gave me some peace.
All I can do is wait, pray and know that God has a plan for no matter what happens!

Comments

Popular Posts