Five Friday Favourites

I meant to post this two weeks ago but at the end of the week I crashed and it never happened.
So much has happened lately and I can't believe that next week it will be March which is crazy!

I am settling back into TAFE and this semester feels a lot less material wise or maybe it's because it's my 3rd semester and things aren't as overwhelming.
I'm on campus Wednesdays and Thursdays but the days aren't as long as last semester (I actually don't have to do a unit as I did it in Cert. 4 which means I finish at 2.00pm on Thursdays instead of 3.30pm)  though I do find myself still exhausted and wanting to hibernate. My anxiety levels have been relatively low considering but they are peaking when it comes to thinking about my prac placement. I have a new course coordinator who is really pushing for us to have our placements by week 7, which is great except I have no idea what I want to do. I like the idea of doing student support but it's hard area to find a placement in and a part from that I just feel lost. For my Cert. 4 I went to a local community centre which was great and it showed me how diverse a community centre can be and the impact it can have on the community. I enjoyed it but found I spent quite a bit of time sitting around not doing much when there wasn't any programs running. Then last semester I did ReachOut forum moderating which is what I filled out my prac booklet with and G Team for the in person. The ReachOut moderating was easy as it was what I already do and the G Team was way out of my comfort zone but I really enjoyed it and you can't experience anything else like it.
I guess I find myself feeling lost with it all as I have no idea what direction I should be looking at, I am also starting to get anxious about finding employment at the end of the course. I have said all along though that God guided me to this course and he will guide me into the right job. If you guys could please pray about my prac placement and future employment that would be great.

Next weekend is going to be interesting as I fly over east to help ReachOut with a media release. I am super excited about doing it but also a bit nervous, thankfully the media person at ReachOut is really nice and will be with me every step of the way.
I am unfortunately missing church camp because of the trip but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and there will be other camps, but I am sad to be missing all the fun! I was meant to be hosting the quiz night which is my job but as I am unable to be there I am giving responsibility to someone else, mind you considering I have done all the work (including writing the questions, doing the power point and putting together the answer sheets) it's still my quiz I just won't be the one calling out the questions.

Onto Friday Favourites:

Scrubs - I LOVE this show so much, it's the only show that has made me cry of laugher and cry of sadness. It's probably up there in my top 10 favourite tv shows and I am always up for rewatching it so when Stan recently put up all the episodes at the start of the month just when I was going back to my studies it was the perfect way to unwind and deal with my anxieties. If you're going to watch it for the first time my advice is to treat the 8th season as the final season and then see the 9th season as a spinoff as it makes more sense.

Vanilla, Musk and Sandalwood Tahitian Flower candle - I went into Dusk the other day for a quick look around and came out with two of these candles (one for me and one for my sister, it was cheaper in my mind to buy 2 for $60...). I LOVE this scent and when I smelt it I had to have it, it kinda reminds me of this perfume but better and with more layers. I love Dusk's soy candles (the bulk of my candles are their soy ones) and find they burn cleaner plus they all smell amazing and the scents linger after you've used them.

Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Clear Skin and Acne Control Kit 3 Pack - my skin really responds to tea tree oil and I've been using the medicated gel for a long time. But after some unexplained breakouts I decided maybe I should try some of the other products in the range and came across this kit. I've been using the face wash (or wipes) followed by the moisturiser and the gel on any breakouts each night and so far so good.

Jeanswest Tummy Trimmer Slim Straight Jeans - hands down my favourite jeans ever, they are so comfy and I live in these jeans. I have a bit of  stomach and can feel self conscious about it at times but these jeans being high waisted mean they flatter and control my figure. Each year I buy two pairs in black and indigo and they last me all year (sometimes I get splits in the inner thigh area but I just sew them up and no one notices). Jeanswest currently has 40% off store wide at the moment so it's a great time to buy them (and the cardigan below).

Giselle Waterfall Cardigan - is it weird to already be thinking about my winter wardrobe? I was after
a new black cardigan and this one caught my eye and the moment I tried it on I knew I had to have it. The fabric is the perfect weight and doesn't pill which is good, plus it just looks super flattering and will be great for when it starts to get cooler.




Comments

Popular Posts