Friday Favourites (but on Thursday)

Another week almost over I figured that as tomorrow is Good Friday it feels like the end of the week so I have decided to do Friday Favourites today instead.

I have survived two days of prac and it's going ok, I have come home at the end of each day exhausted and I am so thankful that I am only doing one day a week instead of going fully into it. A part of me wants to be excited about it but honestly I am just going through the motions and counting down the days until I am finished.
I'm also trying to focus on the end goal of finishing my Diploma and applying for jobs. I have yet to hear back from the interview I had two weeks ago and it's not actually crossed my mind much which is nice. I just know that God is in control and he lead me into studying Community Services and he will lead me to the right job, so for now all I can do is apply for jobs, pray and trust in him.

I am looking forward to enjoying this long weekend and it's looking to be family and chocolate filled. Of course we also get our first taste of Winter with storms and cold tempts forecast for tomorrow so I will be trying stay warm and dry. Tomorrow I have church and we have some friend coming for dinner, I am also planning on baking some Easter cookies. On Saturday we have an extended family breakfast which is always fun and it's nice to see everyone plus enjoying yummy food is always a bonus. Then on Sunday it's church again and eating all the chocolate.
I hope everyone has a good Easter and enjoy themselves, onto Friday Favourites....

Sherpa Llama Throw - I always get cold at night in Winter, I kid you not I have at least 5 blankets on my bed at all times during the cooler months plus 2 heat packs and a cat. I saw this throw and figured it was the perfect blanket to go with my quilt cover and you can never have too many blankets around the place. Of course when I bought I placed it on the floor in my room until I could figure where to store it and Rikki has decided it's his and spends most of the day snoozing on it and has turned it into a nest (I swear it was neatly folded!).


Heat Pack Llama - while we're on the subject of llama's I also picked up this heatpack when I got the throw because it was too cute not to purchase and as I said before I need heatpacks. I really love Bed, Bath and Table's heatpacks and find they are the best, I actually have their owl and fox ones and I use them all throughout Winter. I am fussy with heat packs and find that they need to hold the heat well and evenly and these ones do.

Live Nation The Next Step concert - so a few years ago Megan and I saw The Next Step in concert and when they announced their new tour, Megan told me we were going (she actually invited me to the Facebook event haha!). So I signed up for the pre-release tickets and we managed to get great seats (3 rows from the front in the middle), so Megan is now counting down. We reall.y enjoyed them last time and I was in awe of their talent, so even though I don't know all the dancers this time round I'm sure it will be a good concert.

Planet Shoes Mirr boot in black - I live in boots in Winter and this upcoming season a new pair was needed. My last pair were also Planet Shoes and they lasted two years and let me tell you I am not kind on my boots so they were a good investment! I needed a pair that were going to be supportive in the ankle area and could also be dressed up or down (because I wear them everyday). I ended up with the Mirr boot and I really like how classic they are. I have yet to wear them but I am looking forward for the first cool day I can.

Kikki K Metal Twist Ballpoint Pen: Inspiration - so I have a slight stationery addiction and when I saw this pen I just knew I had to have it. I really like how it feels and how smoothly it writes, it's a the type of pen I can see myself using time and time again. It's also refillable, which is great and plus it's just a nice looking pen.


Comments

Popular Posts