Five Friday Favourites

How can we be in the middle August already?! I can't believe September is next month and with it brings on a busy time including my 25th (!) birthday right in the middle, we also have friends visiting from over east and the inter-church sports competition.
This past week has been tough in patches, I got two job rejections and in that area I am feeling discouraged and unsure what my next steps should be. I know there's a job out there for me, it's just hard to see the end in sight when I'm getting zero interviews and there's very few jobs out there I can apply for. I guess all I can really do is pray and wait and try to stay busy.

Onto Friday Favourites:

Descendants 3 - I watched this last weekend and it was bittersweet, it was the final chapter of the trilogy and Cameron Boyce's last Disney Channel movie role. I really enjoyed this film and found it was the perfect way to end everything and loved all the dance numbers and songs. It's strange because I spent my teen years watching the High School Musical films which Kenny Ortega also directed and loved and now as a young adult I have enjoyed watching the Descendants films that he directed.

Mini Hand Torch with Carabiner - when you're as clumsy as me it's always a good idea to have multiple torches around in case of a power blackout, dropping things in hard to reach places or aiding with seeing better when walking outside in the dark. I bough this torch on the weekend as it's lightweight, small enough to fit in my pocket, gives of decent light, only uses one AAA battery and it's water resistant. It's a great torch and I am impressed with how much light it gives off and

Cat hammock - this month marks 5 years since adopting Rikki and as he always loved sitting on the boat cover on the boat and using it as a hammock I decided to buy him one (we have gotten rid of the boat). I found one on Gumtree for a decent price and while he was unsure of it at first he loves it and can be often found snoozing it. I don't have a link to the exact hammock but you can find similar ones online and it wouldn't be that hard to make.



Chicago Med - I love a good medical drama (The Resident, New Amsterdam and The Good Doctor are my current favourites) and a friend got me onto Chicago Med and after watching 2 seasons in a week I am hooked! The characters are great and I am loving the storylines and seeing the big hospital family develop. Safe to say I am really enjoying it and also plan on watching the other two shows in the "Chicago Universe" Chicago Fire and Chicago PD when I get the chance.

Nanaimo Bars - I have finally gotten round to posting my version of the Canadian treat - Nanaimo Bars. I have to resist making these bars so often as I could easily eat a whole tray in one sitting they are that good. They do have quite a few steps but they are no bake which means you can make them when you don't want to turn on the oven.

Comments

Popular Posts