Five Friday Favourites

I can't believe it's a new year already!
It seems like the whole country is on fire at the moment and when there's been 3 fire alerts for my council area in the past 24 hours it's not hard to believe. Thankfully my house hasn't been at risk and as I'm on the other side of the country to where the major fires are happening the smoke hasn't been an issue either. It's still hard to hear about though and whenever an alert comes up on my phone about a fire I just pray that no one gets hurt or injured.

I have started get back into a routine and focus on finding a job, but it's easier said than done especially when you're still dealing with fatigue and dizzy spells. I saw my doctor this past Wednesday and he is really confused and concerned as to what it could be, especially as my iron levels are fine after the infusion and that's what normally causes it. Today I was lucky enough to have a glucose test which is what you get when you're pregnant (which I am not!) and is done over two hours. It requires fasting for 12 hours then having an initial blood test, drinking a super sweet liquid (it was lemon-lime flavoured and reminded me of flat sprite though a lot sweeter) followed by another two tests, one hour and then two hours after it. I had to stay in the waiting room between tests so I brought in my laptop and attempted to get a Selection Criteria done, for an application I hope to submit on Monday.
It's pretty much the only blood test I haven't had since dealing with the fatigue and it's to rule out diabetes which my doctor has told me is an extremely slim chance of having it but it needs to be crossed out.
I came home after the test and finally ate some food before relaxing and taking it easy. The dizzy spells have been on the bad side today whether there's a direct link to feeling dizzy and the test I have no idea. But I am hopeful when I see my doctor next week, there will be some direction as to what to do next.

Onto Friday Favourites...

Google Pixel 3A - it was time for a new phone and after doing some research the Google Pixel 3A was the best in terms of value for money and meeting my needs. I buy phones outright and I can't justify having a phone that cost $1000 or more. I really love this phone and find it's a great buy, it charges quickly and the charge lasts all day, is easy to use and it's the quality is great.

Jeanswest Georgia Midi Skirt - I have no idea why but trying to find skirts I like or fit me is really hard and over the years I have just given up. I have a denim skirt that I wear regularly but that's about it but This season however I was able to find not one but three skirts that I love all from Jeanswest and suit me really well. The most recent skirt being the Georgia Midi Skirt which I bought in both prints and I am loving it. The other skirt I bought was this one which while animal print isn't in your face and a great way to wear the trend. I wear this top with the skirts which I have in black (not available), turquoise and a floral print as I love it so much.

Kobo Libra H20 eReader - I always have my eReader with me and I use it daily, it's just a great device that makes my life so much easier and I love having a few hundred books with me. I ended up getting a new Kobo for Christmas and this version is much lighter and can also directly connect to the eLibrary system which makes things a lot easier compared to my old one. I also love how it's waterproof as for someone like myself who is clumsy it gives me peace of mind if I accidentally get it wet.

Echosmith Lonely Generation (album) - Echosmith is known for their song "Cool Kids" which topped the charts a few years ago but their other music is amazing and well worth checking out. Their latest album just released today and I am really enjoying it, it has a mix of everything from their catchy song Lonely Generation to the beautiful song Follow You. I always find their lyrics so thought provoking and their tunes are catchy mix of genres and this album lives up to my expectations. I have a feeling that this album will be on repeat over the coming weeks and I highly recommend downloading it.

Womens Keds x Kate Spade Champion (silver glitter) - I am a big believer in the more glitter the
better and when I saw these shoes I knew I needed them. They were hard to track down in Australia
though and while I did find them online at one place (David Jones) they were $140 so I decided to keep an eye out for them and see if they ever came down in price. After Christmas I decided to do a Google search to see if they had come down in price and while they hadn't at the initial place they had at Platypus Shoes and were less than half the price including shipping. They also came within a short period of time and are super cute and comfy.



Comments

Popular Posts