Friday Favourites

Not going to lie it's been a rough couple of weeks and there's no end in sight. I've had days where's the dizziness won't end and by the time dinner rolls around I am ready for bed. I am worrying about money and how I will go when my parents (and middle sister) leave for Peru in 9 weeks. I'm worrying about finding a job and how that there's very few jobs out there to apply for which is disheartening (I have applied for two jobs this week so I am praying that I get an interview from one of those). I'm worrying about my energy levels and that I will never feel normal again with these dizzy spells and that people think it's all in my head. I just can't stop worrying at the moment.
I've started a new diet (read more about why here) which is making my life difficult and I've turned into "that person" who has a list of what they can and can't eat and when you look at it none of it makes any sense. I want to scream but at the same time I know that won't do anything so instead I pray and take it one day at time learning wishing I could my weight in chocolate but knowing that I can't. I'm in the process of doing a post about the diet and what I have found is working for me and what I'm eating on this diet as it's really been a struggle.

I saw my doctor on Wednesday, I can't stress how much I love my doctor and how thankful I am to him in my corner especially during this time when most doctors would brush dizziness and fatigue aside. He hadn't received anything from the physio but he is expecting at two page thorough report and we will go through it together next Wednesday at my next appointment. My doctor isn't convinced that what I am experiencing is a type of migraine (despite that, I am stuck on this diet until further notice) and until he receives the physio report he doesn't know how to move forward.
I'm currently in the middle of doing an experiment to see if anti inflammatories help to reduce the dizziness as if they are caused by migraine episodes it should help. I take two ibuprofen, then set an alarm for an hour and write down how I am feeling, then I set another alarm for 5 hours later and write down how I am feeling. I do this twice a day so after the 5 hour alarm goes off  I take two more ibuprofen and start it again. If I'm noticing a difference then my doctor will prescribe me a long lasting anti inflammatory to help until this diet starts to work. I'm not noticing a difference (maybe a little?) but I feel like I need to give it a good go.

I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend especially as next weekend is church camp which will be busy and I'm not sure how I will cope energy wise but I guess I can always crash when I get home.
Onto Friday Favourites...


9ct white gold diamond 4 square stud earrings - at the end of last year I was sent a gift voucher for any Stocklands shopping centre from ReachOut to thank me for all the work I had put in. When I get money or gift vouchers for gifts I always try to put it towards something I wouldn't normally buy and I knew I wanted to get something special. I decided on earrings and I really wanted a pair of diamond studs as I knew I would never buy myself something like that, I held onto the voucher and watched sales to see what was out there. I ended up getting these studs on sale for 40% off and I really love them, they are not the usual solitaire and I don't have anything quite like them in my jewellery box and I love the sparkle (even though no one can tell they are diamonds from a distance).

Crocs Women's Leigh Wedge in oat/mushroom - I bought theses a few years ago in black and I love them and when I saw that they were on sale for 25% off with a further 30% meant they were just over half price. These are the one heel I can walk in and they also provide decent support and I can wear them for hours. Also no one would guess that they are Crocs and they look like a normal shoe.

HP Pavilion X360 - my first laptop was a HP and it worked really well (right up until I smashed the screen) and then my last laptop was also a HP and while I didn't drop it or anything, I probably wasn't the kindest to it and it did get me through two qualifications. So it was natural for me to keep up my streak of buying from HP, I pretty much just upgraded to the newer model of what I had (though unfortunately it isn't mint green and just a boring silver). I did choose to get a smaller size as my old one while it wasn't super big it was bulky and I'm happy with a smaller screen (plus it weights just over 1kg which is great). It's running really well and I'm enjoying having a quicker laptop.

Migraine Buddy (app) - the physio is making me record all my dizzy spells using this app and it's very user friendly. I've adjusted the settings so it's very basic, but it can be as detailed you want it to be and you can even add in symptoms if what you're experiencing isn't listed. It also tracks your sleep and includes the weather and location of where the episode started. It's great if you're unsure why you are getting migraines and the data it collects can then be emailed to your doctor or other medical professional to look at and further investigate.

The Fifth Avenue Story Society by Rachel Hauck - I was provided with a copy of this book thanks to
NetGalley but all opinions are my own.

An invitation to join The Fifth Avenue Story Society gives five New York strangers a chance to rewrite their own stories.
Executive assistant Lexa is eager for a much-deserved promotion, but her boss is determined to keep her underemployed.
Literature professor Jett is dealing with a broken heart, as well as a nagging suspicion his literary idol, Gordon Phipps Roth, might be a fraud.
Uber driver Chuck just wants a second chance with his kids.
Aging widower Ed is eager to write the true story of his incredible marriage.
Coral, queen of the cosmetics industry, has broken her engagement and is on the verge of losing her great grandmother’s multimillion-dollar empire.
When all five New Yorkers receive an anonymous, mysterious invitation to the Fifth Avenue Story Society, they suspect they’re victims of a practical joke. No one knows who sent the invitations or why. No one has heard of the literary society. And no one is prepared to reveal their deepest secrets to a roomful of strangers.
Yet curiosity and loneliness bring them back week after week to the old library. And it’s there they discover the stories of their hearts, and the kind of friendship and love that heals their souls.
This was a beautiful book and I liked how it incorporated so many different characters with different stories and their struggles, all linked by the society (which I so wish was real). All the characters came alive within the pages and I didn't want their stories to end. Seeing them eventually rebuild their lives and support each other throughout the tough times was inspiring along with seeing their relationships develop. Each chapter was written with such care and as the story progressed it was great to see their lives rebuild and each of them face their struggles head on. It was an easy to read book and Rachel once again didn't disappoint, I always love reading her books and you never know what words of wisdom you will get from within the pages. I highly recommend this book and am looking forward to seeing what Rachel writes next.





Comments

Popular Posts