Five Friday Favourites

Is it just me or has the world gone crazy? People are stocking up like the zombie apocalypse will happen any minute, events are getting cancelled/postponed and everyone is living on edge at the moment. I went to shops on Monday and whole rows of products had vanished and there was so many people. I also had to wait 15 minutes on Saturday to get a script for antibiotics filled and the pharmacists were feeling the pressure.
While I can understand some of the craziness due to the Coronavirus, it's also ridiculous. People shouldn't need to stock up on toilet paper leaving little for anyone else, buying 10 tins of baked beans isn't going to protect you from the virus, and violence in grocery stores shouldn't be common. Wash your hands, avoid places when you're sick, be kind to people and know that this will pass.

I'm still dizzy and the antibiotics haven't helped at all (though my sinuses do feel clearer so that's great), there was a couple of days I was feeling less dizzy but it's back to normal. It's gotten to the point where I am learning how to tune it out to a degree at times but it's there in the background and still affects my walking etc.
I'm struggling to see the light at the end of tunnel and I probably let the tears fall every few days just because I am so frustrated by it. I'm starting to limit my driving (mainly to places that I'm not familiar with) as I'm noticing the dizziness when I drive now. I see my doctor on Tuesday and I am praying he will have a solution or another idea as to what it can be.
One good thing about being dizzy is that I already limit my social interactions with people and when I do go out it's not for longer than 2 hours if I can help it (any more and I feel really wiped).
I'm still on the Migraine Diet and it's been over two weeks with no chocolate and I don't really miss it unless I smell or see it then it's another matter so I just avoid all things chocolate including the lolly aisle and Easter egg sections. If I need a sweet treat then I eat a few gummy lollies (like Haribo Starmix or Trolli Easter lollies you can buy in Aldi) or a couple of cookies and that helps get me through the day.

My weekend is weird, in that my church (like all churches) have cancelled their church services and ministries until further notice and it just doesn't feel right. I think me and the rest of the young adults are going to try meet at a park and do a casual church service on Sunday with some singing and reading from the bible just to make things feel a bit more normal.
On Saturday I think I am going to go to the shops with Megan, as mum and dad are doing a conference which has been switched to online now. I'm thinking we should probably get out of the house for some of it so as not to make too much noise and disturb them.

Onto Friday Favourites...

I Still Believe - I saw this last Thursday and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It's based on a true story and it's a beautiful film. It reminded me of the film A Walk to Remember but was faith based and really showed how great God is, even when at times we don't feel like he is answering us.

The Body Shop Eye Colour Stick - I bought one of these last year and haven't had a chance to write about how much I love it. I have one in Barbuda Rose Shells shade which is pale shimmery nude pink and the perfect everyday colour, also it stays on all day and doesn't settle into creases. I actually used this when I was down at Leavers last year, it just made me feel more put together and it survived the zone each night really well.

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist - if you need a new show to watch which is uplifting and fun, this show is it. Zoey has an MRI to see if she has the same condition as her father and during it an earthquake happens which causes her to see how people really feel around her but in song (as she was listening to music while it happened). It's a really clever idea for a show and how it's carried out is really good, it also isn't afraid to tackle tough subjects. I also didn't realise how much I need Skyler Astin singing the Jonas Brothers until now.

Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies - I made these on Wednesday and they are so good, light and fluffy cookies topped with a cream cheese icing and sprinkles. They don't require too many ingredients and come together easily. I froze them between sheets of baking paper, so I can enjoy cookies whenever because at this point in time cookies should be eaten wherever possible. chu

Karen Murrell Natural Lipstick in Pink Starlet - my youngest sister is trying to get us all to switch to more natural beauty products and she bought a Karen Murrell lipstick when Priceline had their 50% off make up sale and I decided to also buy one. It's a really good lipstick and it has great staying power while also being all natural. I love the Pink Starlet shade its a nice berry pink and isn't super bold while also making a statement.


Comments

Popular Posts