Five Friday Favourites

This week has been interesting to say the least between ENT appointments, doctor appointments, meeting friends for coffee and attending an online conference this week has been a blur. My dizziness hasn't be great and I've had a few rough days where I wish I could check out of my body. I saw the ENT on Monday (you can read that recap here) and then saw my doctor on Thursday and he's hopeful about the upcoming medical tests and thinks the ENT is on the right track, honestly I just want answers and to feel normal again so I'm willing to do anything at this point. 

Next week is looking very busy as I am doing all the check up appointments. I am seeing my dentist on Monday (which is well overdue) and on Wednesday I am having an eye test. Even though I got my eyes tested last year I feel like they have deteriorated recently so I figure better safe than sorry, I also get one new pair of glasses a year under my health insurance so it makes sense to at least get another pair.  I'm also meeting a friend for coffee on Tuesday and on Thursday Megan and I are going to the aquarium which we're both super excited about. We haven't been to the aquarium in years and as mum and dad are going away next week I thought we should do something extra fun plus sister time is always welcome.

Onto Friday Favourites... 


Sweet Magnolias - I had heard good things about this show on Netflix and it lived up to it's hype. I would describe it as wholesome and I really loved the characters and storyline. It has everything from great friendships to amazing fashion (I want all their clothes haha) to a small town which is tight knit and loving. I will warn you that it does end on a cliff hanger but apart from that it's a solid series and one not to be missed.

Crème Brulee Fragrance Mist - when Urban Rituelle had their warehouse sale last week I went a bit overboard and stocked up on their lip balms (which are my favourite lip balms ever) and couldn't resist buying this mist. I love the scent and while it's sweet it's not super sweet and not super overpowering, I also found it lasted all day and I couldn't stop smelling myself. I actually gave a bottle to Jocelyn and she loves it just as much as I do, so you know it's a winner when she likes it (our tastes vary a lot when it comes to everything including scents). 

Mr. Iglesias - this series makes me laugh and I'm currently on my third rewatch. It's light hearted but doesn't stray away from tough topics and the cast has great chemistry. It also has great one liners and I find myself laughing throughout each episode no matter how many times I have seen each one. A new season has just dropped and it's just as good as the first season. If you want a light hearted show to watch then I recommend this show. 

Olivia Burton Ladies Wishing Watch - I needed a pick me up after Monday so I bought myself a new
watch. I had been eyeing this watch off for a while and I saw it on sale on Saturday at a local jewellery store and I decided if they still had it on Tuesday I would buy it. I really love the sparkles and how the crystals dance around the watch face. This is my second Olivia Burton watch and I love how classic and timeless they are. 

Chicken Noodle Soup - Winter is soup weather here and I made this soup on Tuesday night for dinner and it was really good. I made a few adjustments to the recipe the main ones being no onion or noodles (because food intolerances) and added some extra veggies for a boost. I also used Campbells liquid stock as I could actually pronounce the ingredients in it. The leftovers are also great reheated and Megan has complimented me on the soup multiple times so that's a win. If you're after a Winter warmer then this soup is definitely it. 

Comments

Popular Posts