Five Friday Favourites

I am so happy it's Friday, you might've noticed that I gave this blog an update which was long overdue. I'm still not 100% happy with it so expect a few more changes over the coming weeks.

It's been a strange couple of weeks, last week we had to wear masks whenever we left the house and it was not fun. My glasses kept fogging up which was super annoying and I was thankful that it was only 2 weeks of masks all things considered. Then this week things have been getting back to normal and I feel like people are trying to ignore COVID as much as possible (bring on the vaccine!). 

This week has been draining and I am ready for it to be over. I got yet another job rejection on Monday and honestly I feel like I should expect job rejections now, because at this point the chances of me getting a job are slim to none it seems. Yes I get interviews but what's the point in getting interviews if they don't lead to jobs?! I did catch up with a friend on Tuesday which was nice. On Wednesday bible study went back, an older couple in the church have offered to host bible study for the young adults and provide us all with guidance which is great. I felt like last year things we weren't being supported so it's great that they have seen a need and decided to fill it. 

I saw my doctor yesterday and he's really concerned about my dizziness as it's getting worse and we still have no idea why. I wrote a whole post with updates on my dizziness if you're wondering how it's going, because it was too big to include in this post.

This weekend I am getting lunch with friends on Saturday to do a belated Galentine's Day celebration which I am excited about. I was meant to be seeing a friend on Sunday but that has been pushed back which is probably a good thing as I know on Sunday I will crash. Next week I have a psychologist appointment and then an employment agency appointment all on the same day which will be full on, but I am hopeful that both appointments will give me guidance. 

Onto Friday Favourites:

Avanti Go Cup - I don't drink hot drinks but if I did I would be using this cup. My sister and mum love theirs so much and during Winter I feel like they're never seen without it. It keeps drinks super hot for a long period of time and fits perfectly in cup holders, plus there's a huge range of prints and patterns. 

Hamilton: The Revolution - my plan is to finally read this on Sunday. It's just over 19 weeks until I see Hamilton and I am so excited and this book looks at the history behind the musical and all the details behind it like the costumes and stage. I figure if I'm going to the musical I better appreciate as much as possible. 

Allen's chocolate coated raspberries - these are my new favourite treat and a pack never lasts long around here! I mean it's chocolate coated lolly rasberries so what's not to like but they are seriously good. I like them in white or milk chocolate and they are the perfect pick me up. 

Baking - on Wednesday I spent a morning in the kitchen and made this flourless chocolate cake Nanaimo bars and sprinkle cookies. I hadn't baked in 2 weeks so it was good to get into the kitchen and bake all the things, though I did feel like at times I was washing the mixmaster bowl every 5 minutes haha 

Porcelain Pencil Trinket Tray - I love cute trinket trays and I needed to have this one, despite trying to save money. It's so cute and a good size to place your watch or necklaces due to the size. 


Comments

Popular Posts