Interview Recap

Yesterday I had an interview and I meant to write a recap afterwards but I didn't so I'm finally doing it
now. 

As I'm working for a start up I need a job to help financially while we build it so I've been continuing to apply for jobs and just knowing that God will provide. Last year I just missed out on an advocacy position and I was slow close my referees were even contacted, it was tough as I really wanted the position but God had other ideas (clearly!). But an extremely similar position came up on Seek for the same company so I applied (I sent through the same application haha) and I was fortunate to land an interview. My anxiety was minimal regarding it and I think it had to do with having already interviewed for the company and knowing where it was and what to expect but also already having a position (though a not paid position yet).

I planned what I was going to wear a couple of days and settled on my go to black pants, flowy top, black heels and black trench coat, pretty much my interview uniform. I took time doing my make up which I find grounds me and helps calm my anxiety. By this point I had an hour before I had to leave so I tried to get some work done as I had an article due later that day. I didn't get much work done but I did try and it gave me a bit of a distraction. I eventually gave up and drove 5 minutes to where the company was, made sure to put my phone on do not disturb (which was a good thing!), said a quick prayer and made my way inside to the office. Where I was lead into a room with the questions and given a pen to draft out my answers for 10 minutes. The questions were either exactly the same or very similar to the ones I was asked previously and I liked being able to collate my thoughts. I was then lead into a different room where I was met by 3 people and asked the questions. I think I did ok as after the formal part of the interview we chatted and they asked some additional questions. I think all in all it was close to an hour for the full process which isn't too bad. 

I then walked to my car and realised that I had missed a video call from Bart and had a message from him saying that he had received the package I had sent to him and he wanted to open it on video chat. I quickly messaged him saying I would be home in 10 minutes and I would call as soon as I could. I had been contemplating going out to grab a slice of cake or something as a reward but I had a deadline and I figured I could do something fun later on in the week. As soon as I started driving home I started to laugh like for the first time I didn't care about the interview outcome like if they couldn't see how awesome I am then I didn't want the position. It was such a difference from the usual after interview anxiety and I credit it to already having a position doing something that I love. I arrived home and immediately video called Bart feeling like I was about to do a video interview as I was still dressed up. 

So last week I was suffering with writers block so decided to take a break and bake which then got me curious if I could send baked goods over east as I recalled my mum sending baked goods to my grandparents years ago. So after doing some googling I decided to take a chance and send Bart some Churro Bars. If you know me you know that baking is one of my love languages and that baked goods make everything better. So with lockdown being extended again I felt that Bart could do with some baking. I was carefully monitoring the tracking (I did express shipping) so I knew they would arrive yesterday I just didn't know what condition they would arrive in. So Bart was thrilled about receiving a package and despite how much I packaged it had no trouble breaking into it and thoroughly enjoyed the churro bars that arrived with no issues. 

After we finished chatting I got changed and into my usual clothes before getting back to work on yesterdays article which seemed to actually come together. 

I should hear back regarding the interview sometime next week but honestly my mind is focussed elsewhere and I know if it's meant to be it will be. They way I see it is that God has provided me with the perfect job already and he knows what other job could fit in with it and help financially sustain me until it picks up so I'm trusting in him and not worrying. 

Comments

Popular Posts