Five Friday Favourites

 Another week over, this week I had 4 appointments plus work plus Green Team launch on Wednesday then I was out at dinner last night and my sleep hasn't been the greatest so I am seriously exhausted. While I would love to have an early night tonight, life must go on so I am helping at youth group tonight, then tomorrow helping get things sorted for my parents commissioning service which is tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to crashing on Sunday and a much quieter week next week (I can hope!). 

I'm booked in to get my Covid vaccine next Tuesday so that's exciting though my body may hate me but apparently the second vaccine is the one I should be worried about so lets see what happens. My doctor refused to let me get the AZ vaccine as according to him with my luck I would get blood clots and it wasn't worth the risk. 

I didn't get the job I interviewed for last week and I'm ok about it, I know God will provide for me finance wise and I am giving all my anxieties about it to him. 

Work is picking up, we actually got featured by the Commonwealth Bank today on Instagram and Facebook which is awesome. I'm hitting my stride with the content side of things and today's post was one that almost wrote itself, it just came together. I had this random quote from Degrassi in my head for the past few weeks after having a few discussions with people about mental health and it became a post. I find inspiration in the most random places and I have to admit I love it. This post series came about as Bart mentioned celery juice and how it meant to be good for your mental health, this post was inspired by the Olympics and while I had been wanting to do this post for a while the week I actually wrote I was hearing about self-care all week. 

It was also exactly a year since I met Bart yesterday which was crazy, funnily enough the interview we did has never seen the light of day but Bart was able to get it and is determined it will be uploaded to YouTube soon. 

Onto Friday Favourites...

Metal retractable ball point pen (Kikki K) - I am extremely picky when it comes to pens and I think I have found my favourite pen ever. It comes in loads of colours, is the perfect amount of weight and is also refillable. I kid you not I have probably over 20 of these pens around my house because I love them so much and I get annoyed when I can't find one. I use these for work, jotting down notes, making lists and other boring adult stuff. Yes they are pricy but you can find them on sale (and they come in 3 packs) and they are honestly the best pens. 

House (TV show) - one of my friends keeps telling me I need Dr House to solve my dizziness issues but having not seen the show I decided to watch it, I'm currently on season 2 and I am really enjoying it. I watch  around 1-3 episodes a night while doing some embroidery and it is a great way to end the day

Hario Craft V60 Brewing Kit - my coffee game is slowly improving and I have to admit that I am enjoying the ritual of making a good cup of (decaf) coffee. I got sent this pour over kit a few weeks ago and it's actually a fun process that ends up making a good cup of coffee. I never realised how much science goes into making coffee and the different ways you can make a cup. If you want to up your coffee making game definitely buy this kit which is on sale and also grab some beans from Barty while you're there. 

Urban Hulya Hair Towel - I use hair towels whenever I wash my hair and they honestly make a huge difference to the drying time. It's one of those small things that makes my life easier and while yes I could just use a towel these are less bulkier. I needed to get some more and these caught my eye on Amazon. They are really good, a lot sturdier compared to other hair towels I have tried and I find that I don't need to wear these as long to get good results. 

New Music - sometimes you just need new tunes to help you work and the below two songs have made their way onto my work playlist. Both are good songs in their own rights and just make my work day better. 

Kevin Quinn - Wildfire 


100 Years - Echosmith



Comments

herymeelon said…
This crack introduced a novel nutritious rattle from the quality, speedily supplied in a mere home of the facile, nicely IELTS equable. iron test clinic malaysia

Popular Posts