Harry Potter VS Twilight



Many books get published each year but none has made quite a stir since Harry Potter and more recently Twilight. So what happens when I Erin Maree book reader extrordinare put both books against each other? Well lets find out!


Harry Potter and the philosophers stone by J K Rowling (bloomsbury publishing)


OverView: It is a story about an orphened boy who finds out he is a wizard (much to his aunt and uncle's disgust) and tells of his first year at Hogwarts school of witch craft and wizardry.It is the first book in the Harry Potter Series (I won't tell you any more as I will spoil the book!)


Genre: Fantasy but you could easily say adventure.


Who should read it: Though Rowling wrote it in mind for 11 year olds, any one should read it! I am personly not a big fantasy or adventure fan but I LOVE this!


Other comments: This is written beautifully and is impossible to put down and once you read the first one you have to read the whole series!


Rating: 5 stars ***** out of 5 *****


Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (little publishing).


OverView: It is a modern day Romeo and Juliet. When Bella falls in love with mysterous Edward Cullen ( this is the part when girls scream) she suddenly finds out he is a vampire and can easily kill her. Will she go with her heart or instinct (well we all know what happens next!). This is the first book in the Twilight Series.


Genre: Fantasy romance ( Basicly Chic lit).


Who should read it: Any one who likes a twisted love story and is a teenage girl need I say more?!


Other Comments: This is one of my least favourite books (the reason behind the poor rating) as it is written poorly and it is very predictible.


Rating: 2 stars ***** out of 5 *****


Note: These are my personly views on both books and I am and only voicing my opinion!


Comments

Popular Posts