Five Friday Favourites

This week has been hard,  just accepting that I won't get a job until the new year has been a huge thing for me and I am anxious to see how next year pans out. I wrote a post on Tuesday on how the job hunt has been going, just so I have it written down and that one day (hopefully soon!) I can look back and see how God got me through it.
Thankfully this weekend is looking fun with plans to go to two markets (I am my mothers daughter when it comes to going to markets) and just soaking up all the Christmassy atmosphere. I love supporting small businesses and there is something about spending a morning browsing through stalls that makes me happy.
Moving onto this weeks Friday Favourites:

Christmas Gift Guide 2016 - so last fortnight I skipped Friday Favourites to publish my yearly gift guide and it was a big one! With Christmas creeping up (how can it almost be 2017?!) if you haven't started your Christmas shopping now you should get a move on. I heard on the news that they think 17th of December is going the busiest day to get your Christmas shopping done (read the day I avoid the shops) so the sooner you start it the better. The guide has a range of gifts for a range of budgets, so its bound to give you some ideas.

Skin/Mole Check - this is probably an extremely odd thing to include in this list but go with it! Skin
cancer is big deal in Australia and EVERYONE needs to go get checked regulary. Recently I had a scare, I had this mole in the middle of my upper back it was an odd mole (indented being a big issue) and when I showed it to my doctor he told me to keep an eye on it (this was 5 years ago) of course being in such an odd spot its was hard to keep an eye on. My auntie was diagnosed with skin cancer last year so that was a wake up call and I decided to go for a skin check just to be on the safe side and they didn't seem concerned because I'm in my 20's and skin cancer doesn't usually occur until much later in life (slip, slop, slap people!).
Then 3 weeks ago I had to go to my doctor to get a medical note and I decided to see if he would maybe remove it for me because I just wanted it gone (plus I wanted it to be worth while appointment). He agreed so the next day I got stabbed in the back (literally!) and got to endure 2 weeks of having stitchers in my back. Well the results came back as a sebacious cyst gone wrong so no cancer(*happy dance*)! But it still made me aware that I should apply sunscreen on a daily basis on the areas I am prone to getting burnt (I already use a skin moisturiser with SPF in it on my face). I do think people in their 20's should be aware of skin cancer and keep an eye on their moles so its worth while going for a skin cancer check. (heres a pic taken a couple of hours after the procedure, excuse the room mess it has improved since haha!).

Lost and Found Music Studios - while some people were busy counting down the days until the Gilmore Girls Reunion I am counting down the days until the next season of Lost and Found Music Studios! It's just a fun show and the music is super catchy so perfect to unwind after a long day. The next season episodes get released tomorrow on Netflix so my weekend is sorted.

The Grift of the Magi: A Heist Society Novella - nothing like some Christmas reading to get you in a
Christmassy mood and this book fits the bill perfectly! I love Ally Carter and the Heist Society books are some of my favourites, so I downloaded this book as soon as I could and it did not disappoint! Kat and her crew are back, this time trying to track down a stolen Faberge egg, steal it back and return it to its rightful owner. This book has a few twists and turns and I loved reuniting with the Heist Society world.

Kiss and Cry movie - one of my favourite movies I have seen this past year as been Full Out and I was thrilled when the same team announced they were bringing another true story to life with Kiss and Cry. Its based on the story of Carley Allison a promising 18 year old figure skater and singer with her battle against a rare type of sarcoma (type of cancer). It stars Sarah Fisher (who was also in Full Out) and Luke Bilyk who are both Degrassi alums and looks like a great movie.


Comments

Popular Posts