22 things I have achieved my 23rd year

 No Friday Favourites this week as I am 23 today! I am feeling a bit old today, I have heard from
various people that once you turn 23 you are officially an adult and I am starting to agree with them. This past year hasn't turned out how I would've hoped but at the same time I have achieved so much (I have also binged quite a few TV shows! Parenthood, Friends, The Office, Every Witch Way, Good Witch, The IT Crowd ... I will stop now!) and done things I never in a million years thought I would do. I realised that my self worth wasn't in the fact whether I am employed or not, having a job shouldn't give you an identity or self worth when so much else shapes you. While I don't currently have a job and I have no idea when I will get one, I am not just my job status and if people can't see that then they don't deserve to be in my life.
I have no idea what this year will hold but I do know that whatever happens God is in control and I will be ok with whatever happens.

I thought I would write a list of things I have achieved in my 23rd year, so I can remind myself that despite still being unemployed it hasn't been a disaster and I've done so much.

  1. Survived 3 months living alone while the rest of the family was overseas. 
  2. Had multiple articles published on The Mighty.
  3. Catered (and did décor for) a quiz night for church with only one weeks notice.
  4. Attended a ReachOut Youth Ambassador one day intensive/refresher course.
  5. Continued to be a ReachOut Youth Ambassador.
  6. Gotten off my P-Plates which means I have my full drivers license!
  7. Started doing regular exercise and kept it up.
  8. Been stabbed 2 times by my doctor to get a mole (which I thought was cancer but turned out it wasn't) and a cyst removed (which turned out to be pre-cancerous). Which means I now have 2 new scars.
  9. Saw The Next Step in Concert (this was exactly a week after I turned 22) with Megan.
  10. Did a speech (twice!) at a mental health expo about exam stress.
  11. Closed some doors that needed to be closed.
  12. Continued to stay on top of my anxiety despite having a few 'life traps' (as is the correct psychological term for them).
  13. Learnt how to stand up for myself and be assertive when the time has called for it.
  14. Baked an amazing 3 layer cake for my parents 25th wedding anniversary.
  15. Learnt how to really trust in God and rely on him through some really hard times.
  16. Helped organise a car wash for missions at church (despite not being able to actually wash cars due to having stitchers in from a cyst removal).
  17. Did 2 terms of mentoring at the local youth centre, which got me out of my comfort zone while also being really rewarding.
  18. Grown more as a Christian.
  19. Gotten hit by a flying gym matt and Frisbee (I was spectating our team warming up and got hit in the eye!) all on the same weekend!
  20. Shared more of my story.
  21. Continued to serve my church doing various things including: projector, young adults and ALOT of baking!
  22. Started to stop believing the lies my anxiety tells me and believing that I am worth something.

Comments

Popular Posts