Student VS Unemployed

I thought I would do a fun(ish) table on what differences I have noticed from being unemployed
verses being a student.
For me the biggest difference I noticed was just in my mindset and how changing the label from unemployed person to student boosted my mental health. But the following are just a few other differences I have noticed.
I will say I never in a million years thought I would be loving study as much as I do, I genuinely look forward to class and enjoy doing the assignments (most of the time!). Starting my diploma almost 2 weeks ago was terrifying but so far so good and it's nice to build onto my skills and expand my knowledge of Community Services. I am so thankful to have great support around me and for me to able to study and not feel like I have to look for work. I will say a part of me is worried what will happen once I get my diploma on the front but I am giving it to God and know that he has right job out there for me.
***pic taken from my Instagram that I posted 2 weeks ago day 1 VS day 2 of my diploma.
Student
Unemployed
·        Wake up every morning ready to learn and do assignments.
·        Self care needs to be scheduled.
·        Get forced out of your comfort zone.
·        Have a set routine.
·        Student support interviews and meetings.
·        Spend time planning everything around assignments and class.
·        Able to buy cute stationery for study.
·        Sleeping through alarm = bad.
·        Fall down the stairs on campus.
·        Not able to sign for packages.
·        Working towards getting a job.
·        Baking for stress relief.
·        Having to keep track of class printouts (so many!).

·        Wake up every morning with uncertainty.
·        Self care can be anytime.
·        Can stay in your comfort zone if you want.
·        Routine isn’t set.
·        Job interviews (when you get them)
·        Can plan things for when you feel like it and have the time.
·        Still buy cute stationery but not for study.
·        What alarm?
·        Fall down the stairs anywhere.
·        Able to sign for packages.
·        Trying to find a job.
·        Baking to cure boredom.
·        Having to keep track of employment documents.

Comments

Popular Posts