Five Friday Favourites

This week was full of self-care, assignments and recovering from last weekend. Tuesday was self-care day as I had a psychologist appointment and then I came home and watched 9-1-1 (which was intense to say the least!) and did nothing. The rest of the week passed in a blur with study, shopping trips and just trying to recharge. Next week is actually very quiet which is nice and I'm hoping to finish a few assignments.

Onto Friday Favourites:

Tarte Sunshine & Smooches lip set - I love Tarte and I love lipstick so it was inevitable that I would end up buying this set. I'm not a huge matte lipstick person, but the less times I need to reapply lipstick the better and I'm starting to like it. I actually tried out the matte lipstick by purchasing this set which allowed me to try out the product multiple times before taking the plunge. The lipstick doesn't dry out my lips and has great staying power, though at the end of the day it does flake a bit but that's to be expected. I also love how easily it comes off with micellar water which is great for easy removal at the end of the day.

Brooklyn Nine Nine Season 5 - I love Brooklyn Nine Nine and it was a given I would buying season 5 as soon as it came out. The day I bought it I ended up watching it all afternoon and I had no regrets, this season is one of the best and I still found myself laughing despite seeing all the episodes previously. Also season 5 is officially out on Netflix today :)

Single Parents - this show has had great reviews and the first episode was hilarious! I am not a single parent or even have kids (I don't think a cat counts haha) but I loved the cast's chemistry and message behind the show about how it takes a village to raise kids and it's ok to rely on people for help.

The Last Wish of Sasha Cade by Cheyanne Young - this book get's released on the 2nd of October and it is so good that it needs to be on everyone's to read lists. Raquel was such a strong character, who was trying to get over the death of her best friend and follow through with her final wishes while also trying to reshape herself and move on. I also loved the character of Elijah and how despite the world against him he was doing his best. This book is so well written so I don't want to give to much away just that you should buy it and enjoy it you can read the full review I did on it here 

2019 Weekly Diary Small: Cute - every year I buy this diary with my birthday voucher and I love it. The size is perfect for my handbag and I love the layout. I can't get into using my phone as a calendar, so for me a diary is essential and this one adds some colour into my life. I also love how it has pockets to store important bits and pieces and the stickers at the back are always a nice bonus. If you are after a diary for next year then this one is well worth a look. Also if you purchase a diary from Kikki K you become a Diary Lover which means each month you get added bonuses depending on the month (I have gotten free stickers, pens, notebooks just to name a few) which is a nice touch.



Comments

Popular Posts