2018 Christmas Gift Guide

Believe it or not I actually started writing this in October but then life got in the way and as I was determined to get this published before I went away on prac I spent much of this week typing away on it with (so not) cheesy hallmark and Netflix Christmas movies on in the background. I am proud to get this out and I hope it will inspire you :)

Also full disclosure I am one of those crazy people who has all their Christmas shopping done and wrapped in November (I also have a small Christmas tree up in my bedroom haha!) but that's just because I LOVE Christmas.

Christmas can be an expensive time and it can be hard to not go overboard before I launch into this years gift guide here are some ways you cut down on costs:
  • Write a detailed list of who you want to buy for along side an expected budget -  then once you have purchased the gift write down the actual cost and what you bought them (I use an excel spreadsheet for this). This is great way to keep yourself accountable while also not going overboard. 
  • Start shopping early - I actually started my Christmas shopping in September and gradually bought gifts on a week to week basis. This meant it wasn't a huge hit to my bank account and I could put thought and time into each gift. 
  • Online shopping is your friend - I swear by the book website Booko as it tells me the cheapest place (including shipping) to buy the book I want. I also take advantage of those 'online only' sales where possible.
  • Use the store reward programs - so many stores have different reward programs and you can great savings from them. If you're shopping for gifts you might as well be rewarded or get discounts.
  • Think outside the box - are you a crafty person? Can you paint amazing pictures? Put those skills to work and make people gifts. Do you have kids that love to paint? Give them a roll of butchers paper and paints in Christmas colours and let them go wild making wrapping paper. Sometimes the best gifts are those handmade!

Easy as 1, 2, 3 Gifts:
These are gifts that take a bit more effort to put together but are still easy, they are simpler version of a gift hamper and only require 3 items. Here are a few suggestions:
  • Movie night - grab a newish movie or an old classic, microwave popcorn and your favourite sweet treat. 
  • Pamper/self-care box - a bath bomb, a nice candle and a face mask.
  • Adventure box - a multitool/pocket knife, book of survival skills and a torch.
  • Games night - a pack of cards, a list of traditional card game instructions and a favourite snack will make for a night of family fun.
  • Puzzling time - a puzzle of some kind, word search/sudoku/crossword book and a pack of fun pens.
  • Beach day - beach ball, sunscreen/hat and some sort of sand toys.
  • Gardening - a pot, seeds and watering can. 
  • Cooking - apron, spatula, cute sprinkles.
For the kids:

General ideas:
  • Experiences - kids really don't need more stuff and experiences can help create lasting memories. Movies tickets, theme park passes, aquarium passes, zoo passes, ice skating rink passes … are all great ideas and will also keep the kids occupied during the holidays.
  • Art and craft kits - another thing to keep the kids occupied during the holidays and there are so many awesome craft kits for a range of skill levels.
  • Books - get the kids reading and pick a fun new book for them to read. 
  • Beach towels - you can never have too many towels and beach towels are great for Summer. 
  • Pyjamas - my grandma always used to buy me and my sisters PJs for Christmas and I still think they make a great gift. 
Away We Go Travel Journal - with a lot of people travelling over the festive season what better way than to record it all down in a cute journal from Smiggle? It also comes complete with stickers and a pen along with writing prompts and questions to help record all the important information. 

Kids Glitter Tumbler - kids are prone to spilling things and it can be hard to get them to drink water, but these tumblers make it fun.

Metallic Light Lantern - these lanterns are so fun and are a great addition to a room or prop for many make believe adventures.

Lush Fun mouldable soap - a great way to get the kids actually wanting to take a bath! This soap smells amazing, can be crafted into whatever shape they desire and will get them squeaky clean.

Silicone Laces: Rainbow - kid's are always wanting to take their shoes on and off and tying laces can be a hassle. These silicone laces mean you don't have to fiddle with the laces and give the kids some independence too.

Korimco soft toys - in June this year I was after a toy cat for a cat obsessed little girl and I was told that Korimco makes the best soft toys by a worker in a local toy store, they were not wrong! The cat I purchased was the softest fluffiest cat ever and is much loved. I know kids probably don't need more soft toys but if you are going to buy one look at Korimco.

For the adults:

General ideas:
  • Indoor plants - indoor plants are really in right now and they make great living dĂ©cor. Pick a hardy plant like a succulent and you will be good to go.
  • 2018 diary/calendar - one of those things that everyone needs and will be used for the whole year.
  • Subscription to a streaming service - think Netflix, Spotify or Stan, something that they will use regularly and give them a chance to unwind.
  • Battery pack - if you're one of those people whose phones often run out of battery a battery pack will be a great useful gift.
  • Tickets to something fun - movie tickets, concert tickets, tickets to an exhibit, sports games, whatever they are interested in. 

Roamer Roll Up Picnic Rug - I have a Kathmandu picnic rug and I love it. The quality is amazing and it's great to keep in my car, everyone always compliments me on it to and wants to know where to buy one. 

Rope Quoits - this is an old school outdoor game that's fun for the young and old. I used to play this growing up and my mum bought a set a few years ago that get's brought out when people are over. 

BBQ Multi Tool - perfect for the king (or queen) of the BBQ and with Summer about to start this tool will get a lot of use.

Lush Christmas range - this range is always popular and there is something for everyone. With festive scents 

Kobo Forma 8" eReader -  I'm including this on the list as this is what I want for Christmas :) I know the price is steep but Kobo's are the best e-readers in my opinion and this one takes them to a whole new level. I use mine daily and are rarely without it and while I don't need to upgrade mine (it's still going strong) it would be nice.

Funemployed (game) - this game is hilarious and whenever I play it with friends it ends in tears of laughter. There's a job and job characteristics and players have to justify to one player why they think they are the best for the job. The jobs can be anything from lawyer to pirate to the bachelor and the characteristics are just as fun; knife skills, fluffy, French accent (in that case the player should talk with said accent) etc. 

Hive (game) Pocket Travel Size - another game but this a great one if you want something with strategic thinking, it's similar to chess but simpler to play and without a board. The aim is to surround the other opponents queen bee. This set is a great size for traveling and everyday play, the tiles are great quality and just feel nice. 

Light Box - these are great dĂ©cor items and you can change up the words to suit whatever mood your in. I use mine to write celebration messages, inspirational quotes and use them at ReachOut stalls. 

Cooler Bag - I bought a cooler bag on impulse a couple of years ago and I get a lot of use out of it. It
doesn't take up much space but it can carry a lot and is perfect for picnics and for when you need to keep things cold. 

Stila 3D Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow - it's the season for sparkles and this gift set is perfect for the person in your life who loves glitter. It contains 3 deluxe sample sizes of Kitten Karma, Perlina and Golden Girl. I say from experience that once on they do not budge and I refuse to use any other glitter eyeshadow.

Kikki K Gift Sets - rather than just link you to just one, I thought I would link you to them all. I love Kikki K and these gifts sets are beautifully packaged and great value. Anyone would be thrilled to unwrap them under the tree on Christmas. 

Tartiest PRO Amazonian clay palette - this is one of my favourite palettes and a must have for any make up lover. The quality is amazing and you can create so many looks with the shades. Tarte has also just released a Remix version of the palette which looks so fun and is great for those who want some colour.

Insulated mental drink bottle - these are really popular at the moment and I love how they keep drinks cold for 24 hours or hot for 12 hours. 

Dusk Candles - candles are such a go-to gift for those hard to buy people and I love Dusk's range and variety. Their 8 pack soy sampler makes a great gift and it means they can find their favourite scent before committing to a bigger size (I am partial to the watermelon lemonade and raspberry rosewater scents). 

Google Chromecast - this gadget is amazing and can turn any TV into a smart TV. You also don't any special apps or software to use it.

Sunnylife See Thru Pouch - These pouches are cute and practical, I got one last year for Christmas and I use it often. I have used mine to store my phone and keys when I go to the beach or pool and as makeup bag. 
Places to find fun gifts:

  • Sunnylife - I love their ranges and they are home of the extremely popular fun pool floats. All their products are great quality and perfect for Summer.
  • Tarte - one of my favourite make up brands and their limited edition gift range looks amazing and is great value to.
  • Mecca - I could spend so much here and I am loving all the makeup gift sets.
  • Smiggle - kids and kids at heart love Smiggle and the stationary and products are really fun. From pens and pencils to keyrings to craft kids there is something for every kid and their interests.
  • The Giving Keys - when you buy a key you help a person get out of homelessness. I love the model of this business and the keys are beautiful. 
  • Hard to Find - this website has a load of items from personalised to the unique and different. It's a great place to get ideas and find presents for those people who are impossible to buy for. 
As always remember that Jesus is reason for the season and the greatest gift of all and to you get you in the festive spirit here are two favourite Christmas songs of mine:


Previous years gift guides: 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2014.

***I am also linking up with Brittany and Jessi




Comments

Thank you so much for linking up with Jessi and me!

Popular Posts