Prac and Prayer Points

So on Saturday I am off to prac for a week!

I have had a lot of questions asking what am doing for prac and what it involves. So this post is to explain what I am doing and what I would appreciate prayer for :)

What is it?
Every year thousands of high school leavers head to places to celebrate the end of their schooling and blow off some steam after the stress of exams. Unfortunately how they decide to celebrate can have serious consequences on themselves and the community. This is where the G Team comes in, they are contracted by the police to create a safe zone for the leavers to have fun and celebrate. Each year they build the zone in a paddock and set it up from scratch. The zone has many different areas include: silent discos, rides, chill out tents, movie tents and first aid. The first aid tent is fully equipped with hospital beds, registered nurses and doctors and I am told it is like an army hospital tent set up.

The zone operates from 7.00pm-1.00am Monday - Thursday night which is the duration of the end of school celebrations. During this time around 8000 leavers come through the zone, though the zone can handle up to 10000 graduates!

The G Team
I had heard about G Team and it's advertised in my church (and at the inter-church sports competition)  but I never had the courage to take the plunge and do it. Then this year I am studying community services and as soon as a couple of my friends (who do it every year) found out they told me I had to do G Team for my prac if I was able.
So once I had been accepted into the diploma, I took the plunge, signed up and proceeded to have a mini panic attack. That night I prayed to God that if it was meant to be that he would handle it all and help me not to feel so anxious about it.
Many TAFEs actually advertise the G Team as a way to do your prac hours and the G Team can have around 30 prac students doing their placements.
Due to my ReachOut work I was able to complete the prac booklet during the holidays using my moderating work to fill it out and my lecturer was so impressed by it that I am officially signed off and done with this semester. However as the G Team is an amazing experience I am still going down as a prac student and getting credit for the hours.

This is waaaay out of my comfort zone (read about why it is important here) and I have no idea how I will go with it, but I know that all things are possible with God. I am excited but anxious at the same time but as I keep reminding myself I feel excited and anxious about lots of things even events I attend yearly so it's totally fine.

I would love it if you guys could pray for me, the rest of the team and the leavers. I have broken up the prayer points into three sections:


Prayer points - for me:
  • I will travel safely. 
  • That my energy levels will stay consistent.
  • My anxiety will keep at bay and not affect me.
  • I will make friends and building long lasting relationships. 
  • I will walk away with new skills and opportunities.
  • I will survive the week and walk away in one piece.
Prayer points - for the team:
  • That everything will run smoothly.
  • That the team leaders will be supported.
  • For good health for all the team.
  • That there will be opportunities to share the light of God with the leavers.
  • That everyone will have a good time.
Prayer points - for the leavers:
  • That they will have a safe and fun time.
  • That they will arrive safely to their destinations.
  • That none of them will be seriously injured or require major medical care. 
  • That they be well behaved and not cause a negative impact on the community.
  • That there will no arrests or issues requiring the police.
I can't believe that after what has felt like so far away that prac is finally here and I have no doubt when I return I will be exhausted and have lots of stories to share! 

Comments

Popular Posts