Five Friday Favourites

I apologise for not keeping up with Five Friday Favourites, but it's the season to be busy. Thankfully things should be quietening down finally.
On Christmas Eve my sisters and I went to my church for the Christmas Eve service which was nice and the whole church glowed with fairy lights. On Christmas day we opened a present each before going to breakfast at my parents church, I actually used to go their church so it was great to catch up with some old faces. Then we came home and opened up the rest of our presents, it was a quietish Christmas day with only us and someone from my parents church who had no family in town. We played some board games after lunch before we went to a friends place with another family to enjoy each others leftovers and catch up.

On Boxing Day, I met a friend who was over for a few days from Hong Kong for lunch at my favourite café along the river. Then on Boxing Night we had all the immediate family over which included doing a stealing Santa, this is lots of fun and always gets a bit competitive. Everyone buys a gift around the value of $30 and wraps it up and then you can either steal from someone who already has something unwrapped or unwrap your gift. The guys go crazy for the tools and it's hilarious to watch them get so competitive!
We had so much food, with turkey, lamb, chicken and salads for main course followed by pavlova, flourless chocolate cake and a rocky road cheesecake which I made. It's always good to catch up with the extended family and I always have loads of fun with my cousins (shout out to my cousin Brianna who reads this blog and likes to tell me how amazing it is!).

I have been battling a cold for over a week and on Boxing Day my voice started to go and after all the family had left it was safe to say it wasn't going to return anytime soon. I haven't lost my voice in forever so my family is really enjoying how silent the house is. I was tossing up whether I should go see my doctor this afternoon as when I was coughing my left ear popped followed by pain, I looked online and there was a 3.00pm appointment and I grabbed it. Long story short I have a fever and my left ear is filled with fluid so I am on antibiotics for a week. I was lucky that I saw my doctor when I did, as come next week it could've been much worse.


Tartiest Pro Remix Palette - this was a splurge for me but I love it and am currently not allowing myself to buy anymore eyeshadow palettes. The colours are amazing and super pigmented and I find myself reaching for it time and time again. I really love how you can make so many different looks with the shadows and the different finishes add dimension too.

Skechers EZ Flex 3.0 Beautify - these shoes are some of the comfiest shoes I own. They provide great cushioning and decent support which I need with my ankle, are super lightweight and look good. I wore these when I was over east and spent a day walking around and my feet didn't hurt much at all (I did develop a blister but that's my fault as I hadn't worn them in, as I had only just got them). They are currently on sale too so well worth buying.

Stan (streaming service) - as  a Christmas present to myself I decided to get Stan to go along with my Netflix subscription. I love Disney Channel shows and DCOMS (Disney Channel Original Movies) and when I heard these were coming to Stan I was sold. It's been great to watch shows like Raven's Home, Andi Mack, and Jessie along with movies like Camp Rock and High School Musical. Stan also has shows like Friends, The Office, Parks and Rec and Community so I am sure between Netflix and Stan I will be sorted.

Oral B PRO 500 Cross Action Power Brush (pink) - I bought this toothbrush when it was half price and I really like it. It has great battery power, has a timer that tells you when to move onto the next area of your mouth after 30 seconds (you are meant to brush for 2 minutes) and fits great in my hand. I feel that my teeth and mouth are cleaner overall and so far it's good.

Summer reading - if you are after some Summer reading the following books are out now and both good reads (thanks to NetGalley for letting me read them):
Paper Girl by Cindy R Wilson - this book is a great read about anxiety, facing your fears and secrets. It was an easy read and one that surprised me in that there is more than meets the eye and it covers things that everyone should be able to relate to.
Who I am With You by Robin Lee Hatcher - I really enjoyed this book and loved the characters of Jessica and Ridley. It was a story about forgiveness and moving on beyond the past and focusing on the now.


Comments

Popular Posts