Five Friday Favourites

It's been a crazy week and I have been recovering from catering the youth group camp, which was fun but really tiring.
I have just under 2 weeks until I go back to TAFE (I go back on the 6th of Feb) and something that has been on my mind is employment after I finish my diploma. I really don't want to go back to unemployment and find it really anxiety inducing just thinking about it. I'm giving all of my worries to God though and he lead me into Community Services so I know that he will lead me into the right job, but it doesn't stop me from worrying about it.

Next week is looking like a fun week, I am going to friends house on Monday afternoon for a BBQ as it's a public holiday. I am bringing along my famous caramel slice as it's always requested and if I don't bring it, I am pretty sure I will get disowned from the friend group haha.
Then on Thursday we are going to the science museum, despite not being a science minded person I really love going to see the exhibits and find it so interesting. I am definitely a hands on learner and always leave having learnt so much.
On Friday I am hoping to go the movies to see the film The Hate U Give as I loved the book and it looks like a good film.
It's looking to be a fun week before I get back into the studying mindset, which I am actually looking forward to if I am being honest so remind me of that when I am doing 5 assignments at once...

Onto Friday Favourites:
Tarte Amazonian clay 12 hour blush in Exposed - I rarely wear blush (for me its either blush or lipstick never both and I always pick lipstick) but I do wear it on special occasions and I wanted a new blush that wasn't too bold or intense (or would clash with one of my many lipsticks and make me look like a clown haha!). I decided to give Tarte's best selling blush a go and grabbed it in Exposed. It's good pigment and blends in great, I really love it goes on and it gives me a healthy glow without being to in your face.

Smash Bento Box - new year new study accessories! I am back to study in just under two weeks and I thought a new lunch box was in order. This lunch box caught my eye and I have a couple of other smash lunch box products that I use and love. I love how this box has compartments and the size is decent but not too big. I got it in in turquoise to match two of my other smash lunch containers and I'm looking forward to using it.

Carrot cake with cream cheese icing - I am picky when it comes to carrot cake (or maybe I am just a purist?) in my mind carrot cake should not have dried fruit, pineapple or even coconut in it, unfortunately almost all of the recipes I read contain at least one of the above but in my mind it should be carrots and walnuts that's it. This recipe popped up on my Facebook feed and it looked perfect to me of course some carrot cake recipes can be too oily or dry and can be lacking in flavour so I held my breath as I was making it but it turned out amazing. It tasted great and was a super easy non complicated recipe, the hardest part was grating the carrots. I did use half the amount of walnuts specified as that's all I had (I actually doubled the recipe) but it still turned out great, if you are after a carrot cake recipe them I suggest making this one.

Coroner (TV show) - I love Canadian tv shows and when I heard of this show I had to start watching it and I'm really enjoying it. It feels like a more realistic version of the TV show Bones but not as bloody. I love the focus on the mother and son relationship and their struggles, I though maybe they would ignore that storyline after the first episode but it's been great to see that remain in focus so far. I am looking forward to seeing where it goes and see what happens next.

Five Feet Apart (book) - I loved this book so much and can't wait for the movie to come out in March (I have already told Jocelyn I am dragging her to it whether she likes it or not). It was a great story and I love how it brings light to a chronic condition that isn't well known. While I have been aware of Cystic Fibrosis, I didn't know just how serious it could be and the complications it can have on someone's life. It's definitely a good read and I highly recommend it.

Comments

Popular Posts