Five Friday Favourites

I can't believe we are in July! This past week was actually quite busy with a psychologist appointment on Tuesday, then I helped out at my church's holiday kids club Wednesday and Thursday. I was helping with the craft area which was fun and I enjoyed getting to see all the kids, we did beaded crosses on Wednesday then slime on Thursday and they were both huge hits. We've actually had a couple of years break from the holiday club so to ease back into it, it only ran Tuesday-Thursday and I have to admit it was nice not having all the leaders get sick towards the end and run on close to empty.
As I've been home alone for the past two weeks (minus a night in the middle) I invited a couple of friends over to dinner on separate occasions which was nice, I really don't like cooking for just me so having an extra person over is always welcome! I don't mind being home alone and I find it's nice to have some peace and quiet and the only messes that get made are yours (it's also been great getting to leave all my craft stuff on the coffee table and not feeling guilty about it). Of course being home alone means I have to deal with all the animals (2 cats, 9 evil chickens, 2 fish and a weiro/cockatiel), which really adds to my day especially when the cats think they should be fed four times a day instead of twice a day, but all the creatures are alive and well. Everyone gets back tomorrow which will be good and I'm looking forward to not having an empty house.

I'm slowly starting to apply for jobs but my psych has told me it's totally ok to take a break to recharge and not put to much pressure on myself, I'm just taking it one day at a time and praying that I will get the right job at the right time.

Next week is looking quiet with the only thing planned is meeting a friend at a shopping centre and entertaining her kids at the holiday program there while she gets a break. Some of the shopping centres have great programs on and this one looks really fun, so I'm looking forward to experiencing it with the cutest 3 and 5 year olds around. I'm also hoping to catch up with some friends

I've made no secret of my love of Disney Channel Original Movies and TV shows so it came as a shock to me when I heard the news of Cameron Boyce's passing. What got me is he was so young and it happened overnight, I haven't had a celebrity death hit me this hard ever (Corey Monteith's was probably the next closest) and it's a strange feeling to feel grief over someone you didn't know but had watched grow up on your screens. I watched Cameron in Jessie then I saw a younger version of him when I watched (and laughed until I cried) Grown Ups 1 and 2 and admired him in the Disney Descendants franchise and saw him for this amazing talented dancer and singer. It's going to bittersweet when Descendants 3 comes out next month (though there is a chance it may be delayed now) and I know it will be strange not seeing him in the promos for it and interviews. Something that is helping me is this article which reminds me that it's ok to feel grief when someone famous dies. I am sending my thoughts and prayers to his friends and family during this time.

Onto Friday Favourites...

Evercreatures Rainbow Short Wellington Boots - Winter has well and truly hit and the rain won't stop (which isn't a bad thing) of course that means doing some chores such as the chickens are a bit more difficult especially for someone who hates getting their feet wet. I saw these rainboots at the B Store a few weeks ago and couldn't justify the price but last week they were on sale so I decided to buy them. They are super comfy (I wore them all day Sunday) and make me smile whenever I wear them, plus they make doing outside chores a bit more fun.


Porcelain Acorn Trinket Box Small: Woodland - I know I didn't need this but I couldn't resist it! Kikki K always has the cutest stuff and their new woodland range is really cute. You can buy a bigger one but I liked the small one and it's the perfect size for keeping earrings in.

Shrink Film - I love to craft and I really enjoy playing around with new materials and seeing what I can create. I recently bought some Shrink Film and I really like how you can make unique things with it and it's super easy to use. You also don't need any special equipment so it's not a huge investment to get started. I love writing cute phrases on it and turning them into keyrings and magnets.

Polymer clay flowers - speaking of craft I recently spent all of Sunday and Monday making these flowers (not just in white but other colours as well) and I love them. I got the idea from seeing some glazed clay flowers and it took me some trial and error but I made a bunch. I made tiny roses on normal wire and wasn't to sure about them so I went onto bigger flowers and was going to bake the wire in them but I decided I would take the wire out and then glue it back in (using superglue) once they were baked. They are currently separated into colours into vases but I am unsure how they will be finally displayed. The tiny roses actually turned out really well so I then spent all of Monday making them in different colours and on Tuesday afternoon I put them in tiny bouquets then
into some small jars I had, I also made some bees to add to the big and small bouquets.

Nude by Nature Mineral Brush - I use this brush daily when I apply my foundation and it's the best brush. It gives me great coverage and I find that even when I am being heavy handed with my foundation it still gives me a flawless look. I actually have multiples of this brush as it often comes in Nude by Nature kits which I buy sometimes when they are half price as they are a great way to try new products and get travel size versions of things. I also use it for my blush and highlighter as well and love how it applies them blending them perfectly into the skin.

Comments

Frances Moon said…
Just love your gumboots Erin. They are fabulous!

Popular Posts