Five Friday Favourites

I am off to the annual interchurch young adults sports competition this weekend which will no doubt be crazy but also loads of fun. I am once again going as the team volunteer and food supplier (and banner maker) which gives me the least amount of chances to be injured and thankfully only one of the sessions - Indoor Volley Ball I am volunteering at has any actual sport equipment (the other 3 sessions are Mario Kart, Hospitality and UNO).

This week has been a bit crazy and there have a been a few times where I have just wanted to hide and my anxiety levels have been higher than usual. I think this is due to having some family friends staying from over east with their 6 year old triplets which while fun means the house can be super noisy. They are only over for just under 2 weeks and leave next Friday and then the house will be silent again but I am trying to enjoy the noise and levels of energy in the house while they are over.

The job front has been disappointing with a few rejections from jobs I thought I had a good chance of at least getting interviews for, it's one of those things that seem to knock me even though I should be used to them by now. I had an employment agency meeting on Wednesday and I never find the meetings much help, more ticking the boxes and trying to apply for enough jobs to keep them happy. It was implied that I was being too picky in the jobs I am applying for but the reality is any job I apply for I have to see myself coping in it, otherwise I get a job I'm not suitable for have an anxiety episode (or panic attack or get burnt out... you get the picture) and end up being on a medical certificate and back quite a few steps which no one wants. I don't feel like I am being picky, I just don't want to do disability support work which is the bulk of what is going at the moment and then the other jobs that are advertised I either don't have enough experience for or are full time which I can't do. I could go back to applying for admin jobs but I feel like that would be throwing 18 months of study down the drain and its been less than 6 months since I finished my Diploma, so still early days considering. I know that God has the right job out there for me and I am continuing to trust in him and just taking it one day at a time even if some of those days can be filled with discouragement.

Onto Friday Favourites:

Lego Gingerbread House - I love Christmas and have quite the collection of Christmas decorations stashed away, so when I saw this Lego set I knew I needed it in my collection. I ordered it last Wednesday and it arrived last Friday which was super fast as I was expecting it to take at least a week to arrive. I am planning on waiting until December to build it but I am loving how detailed it looks and it even includes a light up brick to make the fireplace really glow. I have a feeling it will be a great decoration to keep for years to come and build again and again each December.

Avanti Fluid Insulated Bottle 500ml Natives White - I am loving all the front prints on insulated water bottles lately and I couldn't resist this print. Wildflowers always remind me of my late grandma and I find myself reminded of her whenever I use this one. It also keeps water super cold which is just the way I like it.

Fitflop Barra Black Sandals - it's slowly starting to get warmer and one of the things that have been on my to buy list is a pair of supportive sandals that still look fashionable. I have worn Havainas sandals the past few years and while I do love them they are not supportive and when you broke an ankle last year that is still causing problems it's time to buy some new shoes. Funnily enough these were the first (and only) pair I tried on and I loved them, they are supportive but no one can tell they provide support.

Vickie Button Back Tank - I bought this top last week and I really love it. I just love the pattern on it top, it's so bold and really makes a statement. I also love the fit of the top and though I have yet to wear it out, I can't wait for it to make an appearance (maybe with a bold lip?) once things start to warm up.

Maltesers Buttons - these are really good and one of my new favourite treats, I have eaten two packets by myself and they literally melt in your mouth. If you love maltesers these are a must try and you won't be able to stop at just one.




Comments

Popular Posts