Five Friday Favourites

Another week over! This week has been busy and while next week is looking quiet the weeks following are anything but.
This week I went into the city on Thursday to give a talk on behalf of ReachOut, it was at the head of an organisation that has decided to make ReachOut and RUOK two of their charity partners. It also happened to be RUOK day (which is why the launch was happening on that day) so I got to enjoy some themed cupcakes too.


This weekend on Sunday I turn 25 which is crazy and as much as I wanted it to go by without a fuss, I've ended up deciding to have some friends over for cake on Sunday. There was a cake recipe that I have been wanting to attempt from the Cookies and Cups cookbook and my birthday seemed like a great occasion but my two sisters are gluten intolerant and if I'm going to make a cake I want people to be sharing it. So inviting people over seemed like a great solution and I've spent the better part of this week making all the parts of the cake and on Sunday I will spend all morning putting it together and I am hoping it will all go smoothly.
Onto Friday Favourites:

Moonlit Royce Top - I wanted to buy myself a new top to wear on my birthday this year and in my mind I wanted something floral and in blue and purple. I'm not a huge fan of pastels or reds but it seemed that was all I could find, until I went into Review and found the perfect top that ticked all the boxes. I know its $100 but I didn't spend that much as I had a birthday voucher and sometimes you just need to treat yourself. It's such a nice top and I can't wait to wear it on Sunday.

25 pieces of advice to my younger self (blog post) - I wanted to do a post regarding turning 25 but wasn't too sure what I should write about. I decided to write 25 pieces of advice I would give to my younger self and when I was writing it I couldn't believe just how far I have come over the years. It's one of my favourite posts I have written.

Dunder Mifflin mug - I love The Office and I was thrilled when Typo came out with The Office range and couldn't resist buying this mug. While I'm not a hot drink person, I use mugs to store a lot of my stationery and this mug has helped keep my pens in check on my bedside table (I write a lot of lists and can never find a pen when I need one) while also reminding me of a show that always makes me laugh. I also bought it for my friend for her birthday and she loved it.

Paper Lovers Book: Woodland - I really enjoy Kikki K's Paper Lovers books and find they are such good value, so I decided to treat myself and buy myself one of their newest ones. Paper Lovers books are filled with stickers, simple crafts, wrapping accessories and enough to keep you busy for many hours.

Pink Leather Clutch With Zip Gold Detail - my sister bought me the pink leather purse for Christmas and I really love it, so when the clutch came on sale I had to buy it. It's great quality, it's a decent size and the colour is the perfect pink. I highly recommend grabbing it while it's on sale and for $30 you can't really go wrong.


Comments

Popular Posts