Five Friday Favourites

 Not to scare anyone but as of today it's 6 weeks until Christmas, so do with that information what you will. I am feeling super organised as my Christmas shopping is not only complete but wrapped and ready to go. I am also slowly working my way through all the Christmas movies on my Netflix list as well, I don't care how cheesy they are!

I haven't heard anything back from either job I went for, but I am trying not to feel too on edge about it and I am just giving my anxieties to God and knowing that he is in control. Hopefully I heard back something soon but until I do I am consistently praying about it which I find keeps my anxiety at bay.

This past week the cast list for Hamilton Australia was released and I am so excited, I can't stop watching this video and after reading their bios they seem talented. I know there's over 200 days until I see it (not that I'm counting down or anything haha) but I am enjoying the anticipation and planning the trip. I am hoping by the trip my dizziness won't be an issue but even if it is I will push through it because dizziness or not this trip is happening!

Onto Friday Favourites...

Back to Basics Veggie Crackers - I discovered these crackers when I was doing a cheese platter and was wanting to buy some interesting crackers to add variety. I grabbed the zucchini and almond ones and was pleasantly surprised with how good they were, I've since tried the capsicum and sweet potato ones and they were just as good. One of my go to lunches is veggie sticks, crackers and dip (hummus or something similar) and these really take it to the next level while also filling me up. They're not super cheap but I can make one pack stretch over a couple of lunches which is plenty. 

Briogeo Farewell Frizz Rosarco Milk Leave-In Conditioner - I was in Mecca the other day and my sister sprayed this in my hair and I noticed a difference almost immediately. My hair felt softer and smoother and it just seemed more manageable, so I ended up buying it. I should also disclose that it does have argan oil in it which I have reacted to (its from the same family as macadamia nuts which I'm allergic to) when it's in products but as it's really only touching my hair it's not a huge issue and it's diluted so the amount is minimal. 

2020 Christmas Gift Guide - this years guide is filled with small businesses and the amazing goods that they sell. It has a variety of gifts for a variety of people so you're bound to find something for everyone. I should also note that I have tried to choose businesses that won't break the bank, so if you're on a budget you should be able to stick to it. 

The Cul-de-Sac War by Melissa Ferguson - I was given a copy of this book to review thanks to


NetGalley as always all opinions are my own. The blurb reads:

Bree Leake doesn’t want to be tied down. She’s had more jobs than she can count, and she plans to move as soon as the curtains fall on her less-than-minor role at The Barter—the oldest live performance theater in the US. But just when it’s time to move on again, Bree’s parents make her an offer: hold steady for one full year, and they will give her the one thing she’s always wanted—her grandmother’s house. Her dreams are coming true . . . until life at the theater throws her some curve balls.

And then there’s Chip McBride—her next-door neighbor.

Chip just might be the only person who can match Bree’s stubborn streak. She would move heaven and earth to have him off her cul-de-sac and out of her life, but according to the bargain she’s struck, she can’t move out of her house and away from the man who’s making her life miserable. So begins Bree’s obsessive new mission: to drive Chip out of the neighborhood—and fast.

Bree isn’t the only one who’s a tad competitive, and Chip is more than willing to fight fire with fire. But as their pranks escalate, the line between love and hate starts to blur—and their heated rivalry threatens to take a hilarious, heartwarming, and romantic new turn.

I really liked this book, the characters were lovable and it was a fast read. I loved the hilarious pranks (sometimes involving farm animals) and seeing how Chip and Bree's relationship developed from enemies to friends and then something more. I liked how Bree was passionate but completely unsure of her life and just needed some direction which is something I feel like a lot of people can relate to. It was a really entertaining read and I highly recommend it. The Cul-de Sac is available now. 

Maxwell and Williams Festive Friends Chip and Dip Set - my Mum has just bought this set and I really love it. The design is so festive and I love the children of the world pattern is really cute. I also love how it could be used for other things not just chip and dip, you could put chocolates in the dip bowl and gingerbread around or other sweet treats. There's also other pieces in the range that would make great gifts for friends and family members. 

Comments

Popular Posts