Five Friday Favourites

First Friday Favourites of 2021! I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and are slowly getting back into the swing of things. 

I had a nice Christmas and it was nice spending time with friends and family and as always I got some lovely gifts. Then on boxing day Megan begged me to take her to the shops to buy some black nail polish (which she really needed apparently) so that was an adventure (and one I hope never to repeat), but I did get some bargains so I really shouldn't complain too much. I then spend New Years with some bible study friends and while I wasn't planning on staying up until midnight I did and then paid for it the next day. 

I am currently enjoying being on a break and doing absolutely nothing, next week I am going away for 4 nights which will be nice and then I will slowly get back into the swing of things after that. I can honestly say that after a rough 2020 it was needed and getting diagnosed with burnout on top of a major breakdown meant if I didn't do something about my mental health things would go from bad to worse. My dizziness has once again increased as is the pattern so that's great and with that comes fatigue, random headaches and having to get used to the increased dizziness. I honestly thought by now things would be slowly getting better but that's not happening. So it looks like come February/March I will get to repeat all the tests I did last year (yay...). I actually don't see my doctor for 4 weeks as he's away for 2 weeks so this will be the longest I have gone without seeing him which is crazy. I am praying that repeating all the tests will show something this time round as I know something is wrong and I am wondering how long I can keep living like this for. 

This weekend is busy with a wedding tomorrow and then on Sunday I have to pack for the week away. Weddings always leave me drained and to be honest they're not my favourite things, also tomorrow is meant to be really hot so that's another challenge to deal with. But thankfully on Monday I have 5 days away down by the beach with a pile of books, the ocean steps away and a great ice cream place 5 minutes drive away so I am looking forward to that. 

I did my usual yearly recap here if you haven't already checked out. Onto Friday Favourites...

Best Bear Ever by Liz Climo - I love Liz's drawings and I bought this book a couple of years ago and it still makes me smile. Spend a year with Liz's characters and see how they celebrate key events and seasons. I have actually ordered her other two books because I read this one so often and I love the characters so much. 

DIY Hamilton clutch - so I really wanted a new clutch for Hamiltion (I know I'm not going until July)
and I couldn't justify buying one, so I remembered I had this gold clutch (I bought it from Kikki K ages ago) so I decided to up cycle it. I realised that permanent vinyl sticks to leather so I just cut out the Hamilton logo along with the lyrics "I'm not throwing away my shot" from matte black vinyl I had and applied them to the clutch. It's stuck to the back of the clutch so depending on how I hold it, it can be visible or not. 

Lego Ice Cream Dream Puzzle - I currently have this puzzle sitting on the coffee table waiting to be put together (I have sorted all the pieces) and I really love the image. It was an impulse buy off Amazon and I can't wait to do it, though I don't want to start it before I go away so it will be at least a week until I begin it. The image is really clever and while it is 1000 pieces I am hoping it won't be too hard to do. 

Sodastream Spirit - I got this for Christmas and we use it daily, it makes sparkling water super easy. We keep 3 bottles in the fridge with cold water ready to go so we can have sparkling water whenever we want. I love how it also cuts down on waste and you can recycle the gas cylinders by trading them in which saves you money as well. 

Hamilton Australia Auld Lang Syne - I am so excited to see this cast perform this year and this performance was beautiful. Highly recommend watching it even if you're not a Hamilton fan.




Comments

Popular Posts