This is 28


How am I 28? Somehow this past year has gone so quickly but also so slowly. I honestly feel that I am back where I was 10 years ago as an 18-year old even though I know that's not true, it feels like it. I am unemployed, dealing with anxiety and once again struggling. However, over the past 12 months, I have done things I never thought I would do and I am so proud of myself. 

I'm now a person who does personal training once a week, does small group physio/Pilates twice a week and sees a nutrition coach. None of these things were ever on my radar before and now I can't imagine my life without them. I've found new communities and made new connections that I never could've pictured. 

I moved churches which was scary and have started in a new
bible study group where I am slowly finding my feet and making connections. I have stopped biting my nails after years and years and I take great joy in painting them and I am no longer ashamed of them. 

I have survived just over a year with my parents living in another country which is crazy. I worked for a year in a start-up and pushed myself in writing and producing content. While it didn't end well and I am fighting to get what's mine, I still worked for a year doing what I loved despite it not always being the easiest working remotely. 

I don't know what the next 12 months hold because if these past 12 months have shown me anything it's that just when we're feeling settled something will happen to shake things up. 
At the moment I am taking time out to focus on healing which means regular doctor and psych appointments as I recover from a mental trauma that no one should have to. I'm also living in hope that my dizziness will get resolved but I know that's not looking likely, so instead, I am hoping for answers and treatments that can make it manageable. I hope that this time next year I will be working in a job I love, my dizziness will have a diagnosis and a treatment plan, and this time of struggling will have made me stronger.

Comments

Popular Posts