just a thought

Ok today I was sitting in sience trying to pay attention to the teacher ( c'mon it was pysics) but a thought popped into my mind that in Jesus's time if abortions were around could Mary have chosen to have an abortion? or more like be forced into having an aborton this is such a strange thought and it puzzles me to ponder if Jesus was born in in the 21st centuary would that happen?

I don't how this though popped into my mind but it did maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am reading the Aronement child by Francine rivers about a girl who was raped and chose to keep the child against her Dad's wishes ( her Mum and Grandma were really confused by it all) but what ever the reason it makes sense to me now that one of the reasons Jesus was born ages ago was to stop Joeseph and Mary getting temped to have an abortion.

As many of you know that I am agaist abortion 1000% ! and I hope that never changes!

Comments

Amanda Hunt said…
Hey! I looked it up and abortion did exist in Jesus day. There is some info here:
http://www.historyguide.org/ancient/lecture13b.html

Look under the section called 'The Roman Family'. This is in reference to Roman culture not Jewish but it did exist back then.
Erin Maree said…
thanks I will check it out now!

Popular Posts