I can get angery over lots of things some little and some not! But when I do I have 2 types of anger the 'not so bad' anger aka being in a grumpy mood and can/will snap out of in about 10 minutes-1 hour and the bad anger aka slaming doors and getting yelled at by parents. The latter is one I really hate! Because of this anger I have broken many things, almost had by door taken off the hinges and screamed into my pillow! I have tried many ways of stopping this anger these include:
- screaming into my pillow it sort of worked but I found my voice hoarse at the end of each 'session'
- slamming doors this annoyed my parents alot to point that my dad was threatening to take the door off the hinges.
- chucking things this is what I am currently useing and after getting yelled at by my dad and breaking: pens, lipbalm lids ect I am figuiring that I need to move onto to more suitible method.
So here are my aims for controlling my anger:
- Listening to music on my ipod.
- reading MLIA ( aka www.mylifeisaverage.com ).
- taking time out aka read a book.
- taking deep breathes or going for a walk around the block.
- and praying to go to help me calm down.
I can only hope these new methods will help me cope with my anger I will update this blog post after I tryed these methods!