Last night I grabbed a pen and paper and wrote down things I learnt from this past weekend and came up with the following:
- Its ok to be anxious.
- You can become friends with 21 strangers just from being in a room with them for 2 days and sharing a common interest/goal.
- I can push myself out of my comfort zone and be completely fine.
- I don't give myself enough credit at times.
- It feels good to put myself out there.
- That I want to share my experiences with anxiety (and general mental illness) with young people and let them know its ok.
- Everyone has different strengths and its good to workout what they are so you use them to reach your full potential.
- Sometimes making a spontaneous decision to do something can change your life for the better.