Giving it to God

I am pretty good at putting the negative thoughts at bay, a big part of my anxiety is that I second guess every little thing and that includes all the what ifs.
Today I went to a cafe by the river that is quickly becoming 'my spot' on Wednesday mornings and I was reading my book when all these negative thoughts just overwhelmed me so I put my head in my hands and prayed. I had no idea what else I could do, so I poured it all out to God because I knew I needed to give all my concerns to him.
I spend so much of my time keeping my mind busy so that these negative thoughts don't invade my mind so when they do creep in its normally when I am alone trying to get some 'me time' in. The whole job search isn't going well, with another application getting rejected today and the job market being non existent, so I'm giving it to God. I never wanted to be in this unemployment position and my savings is slowly going down (car rego, Christmas presents, Summer clothes... etc.) and I can't help but worry, so once again I'm giving it to God. I am realising that whenever we face a tough time situation all we can do is give it to God.
The reality is that God is in control 110% of the time and while it may be hard to acknowledge at times he does know what he is doing.
The American election results came out today and many people are wondering what the future will hold long term and whether its a disaster waiting to happen. We just need to keep reminding ourselves that God knew this would happen and he is in control of it all. In Peter 5:7 it says the following: Cast all your anxiety on him for he cares for you. During these tough times we just need to keep reminding ourselves of this.
So regardless of what thoughts overwhelm me and my worries about tomorrow and the future I will not let my anxiety get the best of me and I will just give it all to God, which is what we all should be doing through this uncertain times.

Comments

Popular Posts