Five Friday Favourites

Another week complete! I should've spend the past 2 weeks on prac but the placement I thought I would be at had a miscommunication (and fell through though it was never set in stone) and my lecturer hasn't been having much luck finding me (or anyone else for that matter) a placement. My anxiety has been rampant because of this and I haven't been sleeping well, my appetite is weird (breakfast just doesn't appeal to me at all) and I've been stress eating chocolate. I know God is in control of this but for someone who likes to know what is going on these past 2 weeks have not been fun at all.
I only have another 3 weeks for prac and in order to get my hours up (I need 100 but I've already done 30 due to ReachOut work) I will need to do a minimum 4 days a week which will not be fun for my anxiety. If you guys could please pray that I get a placement ASAP that would be amazing!

I saw my doctor on Tuesday and guess who gets to keep wearing the moonboot for another 5 weeks? Unfortunately me! Honestly this ankle is no fun at all and I have caused major damage all because I fell down 3 steps. I am allowed to have moonboot free days if I keep it strapped but they need to be far and few between and I will pay for it the next day. I had so hoped I would be out of it by now but between a tiny fracture, ligament damage and bruised bones its a complex injury to say the least.
I have a wedding next Saturday afternoon so my plan is go without the boot then but keep it in the car and put it on before church (the wedding is at my church and finishes at 3.00pm and as I can't see the point in driving 20 minutes home before having to be at church at 5.00pm anyway, I'm going to go to a café 5 minutes away to kill time between). I bought a beautiful blue striped dress to wear, I wasn't intending on buying another short dress (I need more maxi length dresses) but when I tried it on it was perfect and I like how I can wear it with stockings in the cooler weather if required.

Onto Friday Favourites:

Glitzee Glitter in Crystal White - in case you haven't realised I LOVE glitter. I need the sparkle in my life and the same goes for crafting. I love superfine glitter as you don't need much to make an impact and it captures the light amazingly. This is my go to glitter and while I am aware that $5 for a small tube is a lot it's of great quality and a little goes a long way. I will say that it sticks to everything so be prepared to find it in places for a long time (but is that really a bad thing?).

Olivia Burton Lace Detail watch - so after much thought and deliberation I decided to take the plunge and buy this watch. I just kept coming back to it and loved how classic it was with the fun detail in the lace. I got it last weekend when Myer had 20% off watches as I would much rather pay $160 instead of $200, but I'm not allowed to wear until after my course is finished. I'm looking forward to wearing it and reminding myself just how far I've come and using it as motivation to complete my Diploma in the next 2 semesters.

Smash Paint Play Stationery Range - I always find fun stationery makes studying fun and when I was on the hunt for some new folders for next semester this range caught my eye. I like that while it is targeted to adults it's still fun and will add some much needed colour and print into your study sessions. The prices are reasonable and won't break the bank, which is great when you are on a limited income and don't want to spend a heap on stationery.

STILA Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow in Perlina - never let me shop when I am in a retail therapy mood, I walked into Mecca today and within 5 minutes I had walked out with this. I already have 3 of these eyeshadows (my sister got me a gift pack of 3 half sizes for Christmas) and they are amazing! I wear them almost weekly and get so many compliments they are also super long lasting and have minimal fallout. I had been eyeing off this colour on the Mecca website for a few weeks now (I thought it was an online exclusive) but just didn't want to pay for shipping so the moment I saw it in store I knew I had to buy it. It's a beautiful sparkly crystal pearl white and one you can wear with anything.

New Amsterdam TV show (trailer) - it's the time of year when networks cancel TV shows and release trailers for new ones and I've been enjoying seeing what new shows the networks will be releasing. New Amsterdam has caught my eye as I've been on a real medical show kick lately (The Resident and The Good Doctor are shows I can't wait to return) and this one looks like it will be a good show to throw into the mix.








Comments

Popular Posts