Finished with my Cert. 4

If you had asked me this time last year that I would be finished with my Cert. 4 in Community Services and about to start my Diploma in Community Services I would've laughed and said you were crazy. But here I am enrolled in the Diploma of Community Services and my Cert. 4 in Community services completed and it feels right.
At the start of the year I had intended to get a Cert. 4 in Computer Systems Technology then go straight into the work force but God had other plans. I had a panic attack on the second day and knew that it wasn't the course for me, then I got directed to enrol in Cert. 4 in Community Services and I felt at home. I fell in love with the course and looked forward to going to class each week, the assignments challenged me in a good way and I loved the class discussions that happened each week about various topics.
One of the highlights of this semester was during a psych appointment my psych made the comment that she hadn't seen me this mentally healthy before. She commented that while I was still having ups and downs I seemed more balanced and I clearly loved what I was studying and I was so animated when I talked about my studies. It just really confirmed that I had found my niche and would be qualified to soon work in an area I loved.
I didn't want the course to end so the idea of maybe doing the Diploma in Community Services started to grow in my head, I didn't tell anyone and prayed about it. Once I had made the decision to continue studying I knew it was what my next step should be.
The reality is that studying is a welcome break from unemployment and the thought of looking for work is exhausting. I want to build up my skills so I can get a job that will be the perfect fit for me and continuing to study will help me achieve me that. I have no idea what area of Community Services I see myself working in, I love the area of mental health and it's something I have lived experience and volunteer experience in but at the same time I also feel like I would be suited to student support services as I not only have personal experience in that area but I love to help people and it would be great to advocate for those who are struggling. What I do know is that God has the right job out there for me and I will get it when I am ready.
Today after I had submitted my prac workbook and other evidence and my lecturer had told me I had received my Cert. 4 in Community Services I wanted to dance and scream about it, because I had survived so much and for someone like me any achievement deserves to be celebrated.
I now have a two week break to recharge before I start my Diploma, I know that while the next two semesters may be challenging I can face anything head on and I am ready to learn more.

Comments

Popular Posts