Five Friday Favourites

It's been a crazy fortnight mainly because of assignments, I have 4 weeks of assignments due then a 2 week break with no assignments followed by another 2 weeks of assignments before I go on break -talk about busy! I am on top of things at the moment and I only have 1 more I need to complete, which is a big one but my aim was to get all the small ones completed then just focus on this assignment which is super stressful but it means I can focus all my energy on it now.
I've also had a high anxiety week and have really had to focus just on me, I always hate these periods of time as I feel so selfish and often avoid certain people just to keep my anxiety levels as low as possible. I have to remind myself that in order to help people and not have a break down or get burnt out, sometimes I just need to hideaway for a while and that is ok!
So these are the sunglasses I bought. The one's on the left are my spare pair and while I do like them I feel like are more a statement piece and the one's on the right are my everyday pair (which are also polarised), I just feel like the shape and style are more me. I am loving the difference it makes to wear them while I drive and things are definitely more clearer now which is great!
I needed to get new windscreen wiper blades the other day (we've been having so much rain here!) on my car and being someone who knows nothing about cars my father pointed me in the direction of Autobarn (it needed to be done before another cold front hit and he was working). They measured the blades and when it turned out I needed new wipers they found the correct ones and switched them out for me for free. The customer service was amazing and I will definitely be going back there again, I am told they will also do the same for car light globes and batteries too so it's good to know when you know nothing about cars. Not a paid advertisement I just figured more people should know about them.

I took Rikki to the vet today as he had a wound on his back that was not healing, $200 later including antibiotics, anti-inflammatory's and a cone (of shame) to wear to stop him licking the wound and he should be ok. He does have to stay inside for 2 weeks though and I have a feeling I won't be his favourite person for a while!

90210 (TV show) - I find that studying such intense subjects means when I get home I just want to relax and watch something not intense, I'm normally all about comedy but lately I have been wanting something different (apologies Brooklyn Nine Nine!). This show is great for me, its just high school drama set in Beverly Hills and the perfect thing to watch after studying. I'm not going to lie this isn't for everyone but if you want something to just escape to that isn't intense or dark then this show is for you.

Dazzling Daisies Open Ring - so if you follow me on Instagram you will have noticed that last Saturday I had to get the stacking rings on my right ring finger cut off as they would not budge (believe me I tried everything!) and while I'm giving my finger a break I am looking at what to replace them with. I like the idea of this ring as it will compliment the other rings I wear all the time (on my little fingers) and its a nice delicate statement ring. I'm in no rush as I always feel like I am getting judged for how big my fingers are (the biggest ring size will fit on my ring finger - apologies to whoever proposes to me eventually just buy the biggest size you can get!). Also this Pandora charm is my most favourite ever and never fails to make me smile when I see it on my bracelet.

Foil Hail Scarf - I think I'm slowly turning into my mother with the amount of scarfs I own! This scarf really caught my, I love how the print is sparkly but subtle and for the price you can't go wrong.  I ended up buying it in both black and white and it's the perfect way to add a bit of sparkle to any outfit.

Kikki K A5 to do list pad sweet - I love Kikki K and most of the stationery I use is from there (cute motivates me to study!), so of course I had to buy this to do list when I saw it in store. I use to do lists to keep my life in order and I really like how cute this one is plus the size is perfect. I also got this enamel cat pin in the same range which is super cute and the perfect way to show your love of cats.

Chocolate Swirl Cinnamon Streusel Coffeecake - I've made this cake quite a few times now and I love it. The house smells amazing while it's baking and while it is a lot of work its worth it and the combination of chocolate and cinnamon is an odd one it makes this cake. I actually made the cake into cupcake form for bible study and it was a lot let messy to eat, I also use a mix of half milk and half light sour cream which makes the batter easier to spread (though the streusel will sink a bit). To make into cupcakes I just used a teaspoon of batter followed by a teaspoon of the swirl mix (and some chopped chocolate) and another teaspoon of batter topped with the streusel mix (and chopped chocolate). I baked them for around 20 minutes and they turned out amazingly. If you want a new recipe to try I suggest you make these this weekend.



Comments

Popular Posts