Five Friday Favourites

Another very productive week done! I can't believe that tomorrow is the first day of September (and exactly 2 weeks until my birthday!), I had my spring haircut today and my hair is so much shorter and feels so much lighter. I get my hair cut on average once a year always around this time just in
time for Summer.
I submitted a job application on Tuesday for a job that I really want, so I am praying that I get an interview. I also might have an interview for a Christmas casual position next week, I had a phone interview on Wednesday and if I'm successful I will have an interview on either Tuesday or Wednesday. I am trying not overthink it all and just giving it to God and that he will open the right doors and opportunities for me.
I only had half a day of class on Wednesday as my lecturer was sick, which was a welcome surprise especially considering how wet it was. I came home and printed out all my assignments that were due the next day and just relaxed, I know could've used the time more productively but sometimes you just need to do nothing and recharge.

I am after a new quilt cover and I love this one but the price and the fact that it doesn't come in a double is what is making me hesitate! I know I could buy a quilt insert in queen size but I just don't know if I can afford it along with the cost of the cover. My plan is to keep an eye on it online and pray it goes on sale soon and then get a new insert if it does go on sale. It's the only quilt I've seen that I really love since I've started looking, so decisions decisions!

Onto Friday Favourites:

To All The Boys I've Loved Before - I was intrigued by the movie ever since I saw the trailer, though I hadn't read the book (I actually just bought the book this past week to read) I had heard good things about it. This film was a really good and I loved it, it was a great feel good movie and I already have plans to rewatch it in the near future. I love a good rom com and I am glad that they are finally making a comeback.

Maybelline Color Drama Lipstick in Red Essential - it's only been in the past year or so that I have been brave enough to wear red lipstick there was just something about it that was intimidating. I started wearing a red lip tint first as it wasn't as bold and in your face, but I finally took the jump and decided to try and actual red lipstick. I love the Maybelline Color Drama Lipsticks (if they ever discontinue Minimalist I will be not be happy!), they have great staying power, are moisturising and the pigment is amazing. When I decided to take the plunge to buy a red lipstick it made sense to go with a type I liked and I picked Red Essential which is a nice dark red and it's not too bright. A trick I use is to wear it over a tint so that way if any does rub off it's not really noticeable.

Tote Bag: Cute (Kikki K) - as soon as I saw this bag I knew I needed it. So today (Friday's are my retail therapy day) I bought it and its even cuter in person! It's a good size, sturdy and it's super cute and fun, I have no idea what I will use it for but it's a great size that I know I will use it on a regular basis (study stuff, road trip snacks, books …).

Enamel Pin Quote: Cute (Kikki K) - because I like things to match, I knew I had to buy this pin when I bought the bag. Enamel pins are on trend at the moment and I love how they can add a fun element to everyday outfits. I have been wearing this cat pin on my jacket and people also comment how cute it is once they notice it. I love how this pin is a quote but its still super cute and fun, I can't wait to wear it.

Porcelain Bowls 2Pk: Wonderful (Kikki K) - I like to have places where I can put all the odds and ends in my room that I come across and I have quite a few jewellery dishes which are great but when I saw these bowls I knew I could find a use for them. I actually only kept one (the butterfly one) and gave one to my sister. I really like how classic the design is and the gold rimming, they won't look out of place in your kitchen (they are food safe) or your bedroom which is great.


Comments

Popular Posts